PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Dance Party

olegc
09-30-2010, 10:59 AM
So the Disney blog just announced a Halloween Dance Party in conjunction with the Halloween nights. SEE HERE (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/09/first-look-new-dance-parties-at-mickey%E2%80%99s-halloween-party/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+%28Disney+Parks+B log%29)

so I'm torn. I know people love these dance party things. it looks like fun. however I miss more structured/performance entertainment from the parks. We had Club TLT, GLOW, now coming Electronica, and Dance Party. I guess I am still picky on this whole "doing the easy/cheaper" thing. Yeah, I know, the public likes it and it's a business - but I'd like to be entertained a little. Call me old fashioned..

I'd like to know what you all think?

BlkPearlCptn
09-30-2010, 11:17 AM
They do the Dance Party every year and I absolutely LOVE it! It's just a blast to get down and dance with the characters. Especially while being in costume.

So, I have no problem with it. It's one of the things I always look forward to!:D

cstephens
09-30-2010, 11:23 AM
So the Disney blog just announced a Halloween Dance Party in conjunction with the Halloween nights. SEE HERE (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/09/first-look-new-dance-parties-at-mickey%E2%80%99s-halloween-party/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+%28Disney+Parks+B log%29)

They sound exactly like the dance sections that were available in a few different places when the Halloween event was in DCA every year, so it's not new. It's just different (and maybe more) theming. We hung out at the one in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot during one of the events, and it was a lot of fun.

olegc
09-30-2010, 11:25 AM
They sound exactly like the dance sections that were available in a few different places when the Halloween event was in DCA every year, so it's not new. It's just different (and maybe more) theming. We hung out at the one in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot during one of the events, and it was a lot of fun.

yeah - forgot about that since we never took part in it. My kids are older so we focused on candy and attractions..

still - i kind of miss I guess some of the event nature of the things we used to have at Disneyland but I know those were limited in their appeal. I have never been to Florida's version so I wonder how the Disneyland one would compare more to MKs than to DCAs.

If the Horseman ever showed up - I'd make it a point to get to the park.

MammaSilva
09-30-2010, 12:43 PM
We don't focus on the attractions at all during the party, we have annual passes for that. We focus on the unique things of the party...the dancing with the characters, photo ops with the Villians, that type of thing. Missy LOVED the backlot dance party and she does love to trick or treat the candy stations. I'm sure this year we'll make the exception and ride HM during the party but for the rest of the attractions, that's what the rest of the trip is for!

spookykitten
09-30-2010, 01:49 PM
I don't dance, but I would consider doing a little boogie with the Pumpkin King. I think it's a cool idea to have that at the "party". I have never gone to one of these but am hoping and wishing very hard that I can this year!

JerrodDRagon
09-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Looks fun for those who like this....but I would never pay the money to go and dance with characters...rather have a new show or parade.

olegc
09-30-2010, 02:32 PM
...we have annual passes for that. ...

some do, and some don't, and those that don't, well - it's attractions...

WisforWonderwoman
09-30-2010, 07:05 PM
We attended the Trick or Treat party at DCA 2 years ago and my little one (5 at the time) was dancing with pirates. She loved it! We'll be there in 12 days and I'm sure she'll have her dancing shoes ready.

SigalTchelet
09-30-2010, 09:57 PM
We don't focus on the attractions at all during the party, we have annual passes for that. We focus on the unique things of the party...the dancing with the characters, photo ops with the Villians, that type of thing. Missy LOVED the backlot dance party and she does love to trick or treat the candy stations. I'm sure this year we'll make the exception and ride HM during the party but for the rest of the attractions, that's what the rest of the trip is for!

That is what we were thinking of doing. When we first arrive, bff is going to run and get GG fp's, while I go get in line for the Visa pics at DCA. I am not going on GG that night, but we will all do the HMH going in the handicapped line (I am not going to get out of the scooter).

DwarfPlanet
10-07-2010, 12:43 PM
This will be the first year we have done ToT at Disneyland (or DCA) but in the past we have done them at WDW and the dance parties were one of the most fun experiences we had.

nursechrissy32
10-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I went to the party last night...and I have to say...the dancing that was in Tomorrowland with Buzz, the Toy story girls and the army men....was one of the most fun moments of my life! My daughter and I (she is 11) went to the party and spent well over an hour here watching everyone dance, and than joining in too..it was sooo much fun. They played music from all genres...the dancing army men were so awesome dancing with each person on the sidelines..they had hoola hoops and music instruments for the kids. The adults were dancing with their kids.

There was no in-appropriate things going on, everyone was being respectful to the environment.

Buzz lightyear can dance..in that costume...the energy that he had was amazing!

I was nervous at first for joining in this party in DL in the first place..I am one of those that like the parks to stick to the original plans that Walt had..and was not sure that asking people to pay extra for something that I am sure Walt would have wanted available to everyone...but I bit..and am glad that I did, and watching everyone dance together and laugh together..I know that Walt would have loved to see generations combining on the dance floor...lots of fun to watch and participate in!