PDA

View Full Version : Proposing to my Girlfriend at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

Chris Stanton
04-14-2003, 09:07 AM
Hello this is my first time posting but I have been reading these threads for the last few weeks.I am taking my girlfriend to Disneyland next week and I am going to propose to her there but I am not sure how I am going to do it yet. Does anybody have any romantic ideas?

Niwel
04-14-2003, 09:16 AM
Mazel Tov Chris!!!

That's great!
I know a few very romantic spots, most of which are even more romantic at night.

1) At Snow White's Grotto on the east side of the castle (night is better because the princesses won't be there).

2) The bridge on the west side of the castle

3) Angel Courtyard in New Orleans Square (located near the Xmas shop -- I believe).

Fairy Tale Weddings might be able to help you out with planning the engagement, based on how elaborate you want to get.

Please let us know how it goes.

Toady The Eighth
04-14-2003, 09:17 AM
Hey, Good Luck Chris!

I have a million ideas for you. (Because I am a sap, and I think of things like this often)

I think that some of the most romantic places/times in the park are:

1) The Blue Bayou
2) After or during Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks
3) After or during the Electrical Parade
4) Snow White's Grotto (during Fireworks would be really romantic )
5) The little Courtyard in New Orleans Square back by the portrait studio area3
6) On your own boat on either It's a Small World or Pirates, or Splash, or one of the boat rides..

Okay.. I guess I only had 6 ideas... But good luck!!!

justagrrl
04-14-2003, 09:22 AM
Our friends recently were engaged at the DLR. They frequent the ESPN Zone Bar on the way in to the resort, and have stopped a few times to listen to the bands that sometimes play out front. I guess he said he was going to use the restroom and went out to talk to the band, where he made arrangements.

A few minutes later, when they were ready to leave, they stopped out front to listen to the band, when one of them asked for our friend to go up onstage. He trotted on up leaving his girlfriend to wonder what in the heck was going on. A few moments later she found out when he told everyone just how much he loved her, called her up on stage, and proposed.

Not really on the same level of romance as some of the other places mentioned, but very sweet. I only wish I could have been there to see it.

Morrigoon
04-14-2003, 09:23 AM
When are you doing it? If Fantasmic! is running, you might think about getting tickets for the dessert balcony thing, and doing it there.

There are also various threads on these boards, if you do a search, which will have suggestions.

Here are some links to get you started:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13112
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12351
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11640
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1505
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=548

mystycalchyk
04-14-2003, 10:20 AM
ooOOOoooo and my favorite is listed in the 2nd link posted up there.

*blush* cause it has MY proposal listed of course!

prudence
04-14-2003, 10:44 AM
I can personally verify the effectiveness of a proposal given during a night time ride on the Mark Twain. Top deck. With all the lights.

LSPoorEeyorick
04-14-2003, 11:05 AM
Awww! I certainly am mushy at heart, all of this talk of Disney-themed-romance is making me misty.

Congratulations! Everyone has offered great advice, but all that I can say is that I'm certain that whatever you choose inside the park will sweep her off her feet.

Best of luck!

adriennek
04-14-2003, 11:12 AM
This may be covered in one of Morrigoon's links but I'll go check them later.

If you want to have Mickey and/or Minnie help you with your proposal, I believe you can contact Guest Relations to arrange that.

Adrienne K

Ace
04-14-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by adriennek
This may be covered in one of Morrigoon's links but I'll go check them later.

If you want to have Mickey and/or Minnie help you with your proposal, I believe you can contact Guest Relations to arrange that.

Adrienne K

Do they, like.... hold the ring? or... I dunno. I'm having a tough time imagining this.

mystycalchyk
04-14-2003, 11:17 AM
well look at the 2nd link posted (as I mentioned), the 4th post down in that link is my proposal..and yes, mickey himself had my ring. :D

Toady The Eighth
04-14-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by adriennek

That is awesome !

Morrigoon
04-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Hopefully somewhere in my links, I posted the one posing for pictures in front of the castle, then acting like you're fixing something, reaching into your pocket for the ring, and kneeling (with co-conspirator photographer snapping away). That way you get the before, during (surprise!) and after.

Flynn
04-14-2003, 12:16 PM
If you're doing this, I can't stress strongly enough to not have the ring in a ring box in any bag you're carrying. I have a small gear bag (ok, ok, purse) that I carry my palm pilot and a few other things in. When I was there to propose to my (now) wife, it was just after September 11th, and they were searching all the bags. They wanted me to empty my bag, with the lady in question right behind me. Maybe it was the stress on my face, but after I pulled out my palm pilot and tried to just have the person checking my bag just look inside it (which she refused to do), she let me through regardless. It was brutal. Anyway, have it in a coat pocket, or somewhere else they won't have to search.

(For the record, I proposed in the courtyard in New Orleans. I had thought about proposing in the stretching room of the Haunted Mansion, but chickened out at the last minute thinking that it would be far too geeky.)

Ace
04-14-2003, 12:38 PM
I'm hoping Mousepad still exists in 10 years so I can read all these threads when they're relevant to me.

Toady The Eighth
04-14-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Ace
I'm hoping Mousepad still exists in 10 years so I can read all these threads when they're relevant to me.

:) Of course Ace, you could always just print them for your later reference..

cstephens
04-14-2003, 01:24 PM
My suggestions for proposals at the park are always the same - try to find something that's specifically special to the both of you. I think that adds a little something. We were engaged at the resort inside an attraction that has special meaning for us. We're friends with two other couples who were also engaged at locations inside DL that were special to each of them.

Good luck!

chelbell
04-14-2003, 01:43 PM
Oh my gosh!! All of these posts are making me teary eyed!! But heck, I cry when I read Hallmark cards:crying: Good luck on whatever you decide.:)

uberfrau
04-14-2003, 02:15 PM
wooo! My fiance propsed to me at our brick on the esplanade. Of course, if you don't have one, that won't work. I look forward to hearing how it goes!

Morrigoon
04-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Oh! what a sweet idea! How long did it take your brick to show up?

There you go Chris: don't tell her, order a brick, wait till it appears on the esplanade (obviously go find it ahead of time) take her to see it (as if that's the surprise you have for her) and then, while she's gushing over it.... pop!

dgdisney
04-14-2003, 04:04 PM
Wow - how fun is that going to be!!!

On the brick idea - my husband ordered my brick for my birthday last year (hands down the best present I had ever received!) in May - DLR said it would be installed by our August trip and then revised the installation to October - 5 months total! And, we haven't yet confirmed its existence (5 more weeks)!

What about under the portals to Main Street - as you read the Walt Disney quote - that is one of my favorite parts of any trip!

Whatever you do enjoy--and you will be telling the story for the rest of your life (no pressure there but...you will!)

uberfrau
04-14-2003, 04:31 PM
I dont remember how long it took to show up. I think we ordered it before they put any of them in. Certainly it took longer than a week or so.

I like the Mickey idea and the top of the Mark Twain. That's awesome :)

Morrigoon
04-14-2003, 04:53 PM
How about in the Court des Anges? (I think that's the name) - that little courtyard area in NOS behind the Nightmare Before Christmas store (Bat en Rouge).

Or upstairs in the gallery area!

heidiwhr
04-14-2003, 06:03 PM
My hubby propsed over dinner at the Blue Bayou alost exactly 7 years ago. I'llnever forget it! We always make a point of going back to that same table every time we are at DL, and are a little bummed BB will be closed when we are there in May.

BTW - our now 17 month old son's very first ride was Pirates of the Caribbean!!! ;)

Wizard69
04-14-2003, 06:16 PM
I think that some of the most romantic places/times in the park are:

2) After or during Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks

The Fantasy in the Sky fireworks are no more!! Believe, There's Magic in the Stars is the fireworks show.