PDA

View Full Version : Bonita Tower?

chelbell
04-14-2003, 07:20 AM
We are staying at the DLH in May in a 2 bdrm. suite with my in-laws. I posted here after I booked the suite to ask a few questions....and I got some wonderful responses....thanks to all who helped me out. Now I have another question. Our suite will be in the Bonita Tower. Of all of our trips to the DLH, we have never stayed in this tower. It always seemed so far away from everything, and kind of dark and dreary. We requested this tower because of the corner balconies for my mother-in-law, who will be spending a lot of time in the room, and, the CM told me that the suite we would have is located in this tower. My question is.....will we be disapointed with this tower? I would prefer to try the Sierra Tower, as we have never stayed there either, but as I said, our suite will be in the Bonita. And, we will have to walk to the Sierra Tower for the Conceirge Lounge, which is really no big deal. I have requested a view of the pool. I guess I'm just looking for someone to tell me they have stayed here and I wont be disapointed. I guess I'm just being picky....I'm sure all of the towers are wonderful!! Just make me feel better....PLEASE!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!:confused:

DisneyFan25863
04-14-2003, 08:27 AM
Well, I do know that ALL of the rooms at the DLH were recently updated. You can now see Tinkerbell "Wish" you good night everyday. So all the rooms look the same. But I'm not sure of the suites....

~DF~

80S ERA
04-14-2003, 09:30 AM
chelbell,

I'm still envious of your trip! :cool: First off, it will be hard to have a view of the Neverland pool if you have one of the corner rooms. I hope you got a room on the park-facing side of the tower as opposed to the Fantasy waters side. That way, you'll be able to see DCA and some of DL. Either way, I'm sure both will be great.

P.S. - make sure you raid the Concierge fridge (2 bottles max, per person). They hide it in the corner on the left side when you walk in the lounge.

tabacco
04-14-2003, 10:56 AM
If you get a side facing the parking lot, you can laugh at all the CMs eating at the DLH Cast Cafe :)

tjrj
04-14-2003, 10:57 AM
We loved our room in the Bonita Tower. Stayed there just after the Neverland Pool stuff was completed-gosh, almost 4 years ago now. And yes, I hope you have a room NOT overlooking the back parking lot! We had a view of Fantasy Waters-right over the waterfall, could see the pool area, the grounds and a bit of the koi pond I think. Found the rooms light and airy,large with lots of storage. I actually preferred these rooms to our room at the GCH that we stayed at on our last trip. The only draw back that I could see was the bathrooms were small and dark-could have used a bit of updating-but maybe that has happened by now. We are beginning to think about our trip out for the 50th anniversary and we are planning on staying at the Bonita Tower again.

chelbell
04-14-2003, 01:29 PM
Well, you have all made me feel much better.....except for the part about watching the CM's eating!!!(lol):eek: Hopefully we wont get a view of the parking lot! Sounds like the Bonita will be nice, and maybe a little peaceful if we get over the waterfalls. Thanks so much to all of you!!! 26 days and counting!!:D

chelbell
04-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Hea "80S ERA"....thanks for the tip on the lounge!!!;) Is that 2 max per person per day, or each time you go in to the lounge???

80S ERA
04-14-2003, 02:33 PM
I guess it would be 2 per visit -- at least that's the way we interpreted it. They do hide it pretty well. It's stashed in the corner of the food serving area. You really have to look for it. Make sure you stop by before and after going to the parks. This way, you don't have to worry about water bottles and soda in your room.

On another note, we actually had the time to check out Team Mickey's Workout. It is pretty small, but decent. It has televisions, unlimited towels and water, and a massage chair!:cool:

Grandbreaker
04-14-2003, 02:46 PM
What I like about the tower is the parking lot just south of the tower. It makes it alot easier to handle the loading and unloading of the car. I think it's alittle bit quieter than the others also the lobby is nice also.