PDA

View Full Version : Maliburitos at California Adventure?

mightduck
04-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Does anyone know why Maliburitos is never open. I have never went there once when it was. I remeber that when they had the abc perview weekend there George Lopez made a joke about haveing it. But it wasnt even open then.
Was it ever open? its still says its open on the website can anyone help me

mightduck
04-13-2003, 05:22 PM
also what ever happen to super star limo?

furbE95
04-13-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by mightduck
also what ever happen to super star limo?
Here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14188&highlight=superstar+limo) is a thread describing the fate of the ride.

Baloo
04-13-2003, 09:30 PM
not sure about Mailburrito but the fish and dips or what ever is called has some of the best fish chips and chicken strips i have ever tasted. Yummy. and i like the little plastic cup that they hang next to the fish basket so you could dip the whole trip into the sauces. and always very hot.

justagrrl
04-14-2003, 05:34 AM
There's supposed to be a nacho place over in Hollywood that's never open either. I don't get it - burritos and nachos are things my family would love to indulge in. I could spend spend spend... but they're closed so... we drive home for lunch. ;)

tabacco
04-14-2003, 10:49 AM
Get a corndog! The Corndog Castle has the best you'll ever taste :)

mystycalchyk
04-14-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Baloo
not sure about Mailburrito but the fish and dips or what ever is called has some of the best fish chips and chicken strips i have ever tasted. Yummy. and i like the little plastic cup that they hang next to the fish basket so you could dip the whole trip into the sauces. and always very hot.

ooOOOoooo that is also the place that had those yummilicous fried apples dipped in caramel.

seriously good on a cool night (in Januray) when we were there. they alkso have regular sliced apples with the caramel too, if you want to pretend to be 'healthy' (like all that caramel is healthy, but at least the apples aint fried :p)

RStar
04-14-2003, 05:06 PM
Yes, Maliburritos has been open. At least once, and I had a great burrito there!

But I don't hold out much hope if it ever opens again, as food services have changed so much in the area it could be very different by then.

The chips and strips resturaunt USE TO have the best chicken strips made from real chicken breast with a great coating. Now they are chopped and pressed things that are more like McNuggets. But they added the fish at the same time, and they are ok, just a little fishy. But the one thing that did get better is the fried motzerella sticks. Before they were mostly empty, and now they are bigger, fuller, and have a better breading. Yummy.

ESS Heckler
04-15-2003, 12:21 PM
I've never seen Mailburritos open, either. I just figured it was a 'fake' store front - like a movie set. :)

I'm going in May and would love to eat there - if indeed it is a 'real' food service venue.

dsnylndmom
04-16-2003, 04:22 PM
It was open when I was there this weekend~I think it was sunday, it was open and there was a line for it!

RStar
04-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Yes! This means they may have it open on the summer weekends again!:D

mightduck
10-31-2003, 01:00 PM
????

MotorBoat Cruiser
10-31-2003, 01:31 PM
Speaking of which....

Is the Chinese food place ever open?????

adriennek
10-31-2003, 02:43 PM
This is going to sound smarkier than I mean it to, but, did you have a purpose for resurrecting a 6 month old thread? I don't know what the "???" means?

Adrienne

MonorailMan
11-01-2003, 06:35 AM
I want to eat at "Between Takes", or "Holywood & Dine". :D :~D

Bounty8111
11-01-2003, 12:34 PM
Hollywood and Dine had awesome burgers when I ate there back in 2001. I dunno what it was, but when compared to all the other places inside the parks that served burgers, Hollywood and Dine had the best. Wasn't crowded at all back then, either. It was an awesome spot to eat.

I spend a lot of time at Paradise Pier, since i'm a Screaminaholic, and I was asking a CM back in August if the often desolate-looking Maliburritos ever opened. He said that it opens intermittently, and he couldn't understand why they didn't keep it open more regularly, because it was absolutely packed with people whenever they had it running.

Well, hey, there's always the Tortilla factory for a foreign alternative.

spectromen
11-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Haven't seen the 'Ritos open since 2001 :( Too bad too, it made for good variety in contrast to the strips place. Likewise with Lucky Fortune - not everyone wants Mexican or a salad in a bread bowl...but alas, they must think it's not necessary for variety. Last time I saw that open was this summer on the night of the Pirates premiere. I'd guess that Hollywood & Dine might have a fighting chance though - when ToT opens, there will be more people on that street and of course looking for a meal. Let's cross our fingers!

Cadaverous Pallor
11-02-2003, 10:38 PM
There were far too many food places at DCA for the small crowds it attracted. It's too bad that each place had very specific foods, since that means that specific foods are now unavailable. If they had more choices at each restaurant....

Anyway, mightduck, you might want to actually state a question, not just ?????, especially when resurrecting a thread that ran it's course in April.