PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant question - what is Club 33?

scaeagles
04-13-2003, 11:24 AM
I have seen this referenced in several places in these posts - what is it and where is it?

YellowMan
04-13-2003, 12:34 PM
Club 33 is a very exclusive restaurant located in the upper levels of the rear-most buildings in New Orleans Square. The entry door is a very inconspicuous looking door located just past the entrance to the Blue Bayou. This takes you into the lobby, where, if you're "on the list" you can then proceed upstairs to the dining area.

It was originally designed for Walt to entertain celebrities and foreign dignitaries away from the hustle and bustle of the parks. Nowadays, it's not quite as exclusive to get in, but you must wait on a very long waiting list to become a member and pay the exorbitant membership fees each year.

Tigertail777
04-13-2003, 12:39 PM
Well I will fill you in on what I can...someone else will have to tell the rest. It is a very exclusive restaurant (up above?) pirates in NOS. Originally it was a place that Walt could bring family and friends as well as business partners and their families. I t is very upscale and posh and has lots of intricate set peices from some movies (the elevator from the happiest millionaire for one). Walt had a private room in the back as well (I think its the trophy room now?). It costs something like $1500 a year to join, so as I said its very exculsive, the only other way to get in is to be invited by someone who is a member. Thats about the extent of my knowledge... anyone else know more?

MammaSilva
04-13-2003, 12:44 PM
The information already posted is pretty accurate except the membership costs... they are MUCH higher than has been listed....not counting the initial membership fee of around 10,000 Or more, the yearly fees break down to roughly 600 and some change per month....and that is based on the last 'known' yearly dues figure. The waiting list is extremely long....I don't know the procedure to get ON the waiting list but I'm sure someone can fill in that part for you.

Wizard69
04-13-2003, 01:36 PM
The waiting list is 2 1/2 years long at the present time.

There are 2 different memberships. Corporate and individual. Initial membership is, at last check, $20000 for corporate and $7500 for individual. PLUS a yearly membership fee ($5000 per member for corporate and $2500 for individual).

The membership fee allows you to make reservations to eat at Club 33. Prices for lunch and dinner vary. Lunch is $45 ($51 on Sundays but include champagne). Dinner varies depending on the menu item. Drink prices are separate.

The good thing about eating there is the experience and also includes admission to the park.

awinner
04-13-2003, 09:04 PM
Here (http://www.disneylandclub33.com) is everything you wanted to know about Club 33