PDA

View Full Version : Cars under the Stars

AVP
09-21-2010, 09:49 AM
This is now posted to the Annual Passholder section of Disneyland.com. If you're like me and DL.com doesn't accept your AP number, I've posted this for your convenience:

Rev up your engines and cruise to the valet loop in the Downtown Disney District for a free outdoor screening of the Disney·Pixar film Cars!

Come watch the adventures of Lightning McQueen, Mater and Doc Hudson on a huge, inflatable screen. This event for Annual Passholders and up to 3 Guests takes place on September 25, 2010 at 7:30 p.m. Complimentary parking will be available in the Downtown Disney District lot after 5:00 p.m. Check-in begins at 6:00 p.m.

While the screening is free, Annual Passholders will need to obtain a screening voucher. These are available September 20 to 24, 2010 at RIDEMAKERZ® or Build-A-Bear Workshop® in the Downtown Disney District, while supplies last. There is a 4 voucher limit per Annual Passholder.

Bring your voucher to the check-in at the Downtown Disney Valet on September 25, beginning at 6:00 p.m. A valid Annual Passport is also required to attend but your Guests do not need to be Annual Passport holders. Upon presentation, you will receive a coupon offer from both RIDEMAKERZ® and Build-A-Bear Workshop®.

Concessions will be available throughout the Downtown Disney District. Coolers are not permitted in the viewing area. Seating will be on concrete, so bring low-rise chairs to protect your chassis.

Feel free to stay in the screening area to view Disneyland Fireworks following the presentation!
Sounds like fun - who's going?

AVP

disneylandgirl
09-21-2010, 09:55 AM
That sounds like so much fun! Wish I lived closer.

olegc
09-21-2010, 09:56 AM
i think that may be better than the music performance for DestinationD scheduled for roughly the same time.

ChrisGlass
09-21-2010, 10:16 AM
The need to get a voucher first kinda sucks. Wish it was an email thing.

Maus
09-21-2010, 11:04 AM
i think that may be better than the music performance for DestinationD scheduled for roughly the same time.

The music performance is on Friday night. This coincides with the Tony Baxter presentation of Vintage Disneyland and Tim O'Day's Disneyland USA screening.

olegc
09-21-2010, 02:05 PM
The music performance is on Friday night. This coincides with the Tony Baxter presentation of Vintage Disneyland and Tim O'Day's Disneyland USA screening.

ah - you're right. and I had seen that one already (from the 2009 Disneyland Bday event with D23).

I wish it was Friday night, though... :rolleyes:

Newbalance87
09-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Thoughts on the outdoor screening of Cars Saturday? It was perfect weather for a "drive-in" and the carpet was nice so we actually didn't have to put our stuff down on asphalt (the green wristbands were cool too). I was surprised that there weren't a whole lot of people too. The speakers were a bit loud (maybe because we sat second row on the RHS) and one actually died towards the end of the movie, but I really liked the idea of the outdoor screening and hope more movies will be shown this way in the future!

JerrodDRagon
09-27-2010, 02:50 AM
Maybe next time if you can email them