PDA

View Full Version : Tamale Cart

CPONavyWife
09-20-2010, 02:55 PM
I have been reading MP for a while now but this is my very first post!

On FB there is a posting about "things you know about Disneyland but know one else does" someone posted that there is a "tamale cart" that comes out at 8:00 at night and moves from Indiana Jones area to the Matterhorn???

I have never ever heard of or seen this before. I am confident that all of you would know the answer!

disneyshoes
09-20-2010, 06:41 PM
I sooooo hope it's true! I have gone countless times and have never seen it- but I hope it exists!

kfreak
09-20-2010, 06:48 PM
I really wanna check this out.

MammaSilva
09-20-2010, 07:02 PM
I've only seen the tamale cart during the winter holiday season.

foolishmortal
09-20-2010, 07:06 PM
I've only seen the tamale cart during the winter holiday season.

Then there is hope for A dec trip to see one??!!:D

Malcon10t
09-21-2010, 05:53 AM
When we are there in Dec, there is usually a Tamale cart near the Photo Shop. They usually sell tamales and chimichungas.

GirlFriday
09-21-2010, 07:45 AM
When we are there in Dec, there is usually a Tamale cart near the Photo Shop. They usually sell tamales and chimichungas.

Tamales and Chimichungas!!?!!? I'll have to add stretch pants to the list of things to pack for my trip in December. It's good to know I can now cover all of my favorite (but oh so bad for you) food groups while in the park. :p

stan4d_steph
09-21-2010, 09:32 AM
They also serve tamales in Rancho del Zocalo during the holiday season. I had them last year and thought they were good.

chahn
09-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Oooooh, I'll be watching for them when we go in December!

KarenW2
09-21-2010, 11:42 AM
When we've bought the tamales in the past, they were available at Christmas time, for purchase at the red "wagon" that sells corn dogs.

Sometimes, they don't sell them at all and no matter how many different cast members we asked, they've all told us they NEVER sold tamales at Disneyland ever!! Other times, we've asked and they've told us where to get them.

We have a saying, if you ask any number of Cast Members the same question, you'll probably get a different answer every time!!

FoodLover
09-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Rancho del Zocalo had a tamale plate special when we were there last week. It was delish.

Tinkermommy
09-29-2010, 12:36 PM
They also serve tamales in Rancho del Zocalo during the holiday season. I had them last year and thought they were good.

I stopped in today for lunch and by golly, they had tamales at RdZ! I had no idea they did this during the holidays (or that the holidays started in September...:p). I would never have noticed, as there was only a tiny counter card, but the hostess told me. (I was the only guest in the restaurant at the time.)

For $9.99, I got two chicken tamales with sour cream and guacamole, rice, and beans. They were great!