PDA

View Full Version : How to do a romantic evening at disney?

lha9310
04-12-2003, 01:53 AM
I will be going to Disney in November with my wife and kids. this time we are taking another adult so my wife and I can enjoy an evening at the park alone. my question is what is the most romantic evening some of you have had. and what would you recomend. I already know POTC is in the mix (As long as no refurb planned.) also do they do the snow on weeknights during november or should i plan the night out on a friday or saturday.

THanks for any help

MammaSilva
04-12-2003, 05:16 AM
My idea of a romantic evening sans kids at the park

a stroll down Main street taking the time to look at the windows ....stopping and listening to the 'street' performer/s for a few in NoS.....then Dinner at the BB, followed by a nice trip thru PoTC......if Budget isn't an issue and it's on the schedule, the Fantasmic Balcony would be an alternative to dinner at the BB...ask the CM at the Gallery if you could tour the apartment.. I don't know if they do that all the time but I've heard several guests mention that they've seen the apartment :).....if the fireworks are important and you want to experience the 'snow' effect....make sure to be around one of the towers otherwise they kind of fade a bit if you are further away.... if the snow isnt' important at all then one of my favorite places is on the landing at the Main Street Station... straight shot view of the Castle and great sound.

I'd say that the most important part to make it a romantic evening, would be to slowly enjoy those parts of the park that you tend to 'rush' thru to get to the next attraction when you have kids in tow!

Have fun!

tjrj
04-12-2003, 07:24 AM
I agree with Mamma. Do things that you either tend to rush through or forego entirely when the kids are with you. A leisurely stroll through the Disney Gallery comes to my mind. Is there going to be music at the Plaza Gardens? That's always a highlight for me-and I don't dance! Rod Miller at Coke Corner. The SnowWhite wishing well is nice for a romantic moment. An adult leisurely dinner at the Winery in DCA.

ESS Heckler
04-12-2003, 08:26 AM
I second the vote for the adult leisurely dinner at the Winery in DCA. Follow it up with a ride on the great ferris wheel - the view at night is wonderful!

You don't say where you're staying, but if it's at the GC, the hot tub is usually vacant late at night - and even though the 'hours' say it closes at 10:00 PM, I've never had a problem getting in there and staying later - as long as I behaved myself;)

adriennek
04-12-2003, 09:33 AM
I would not endorse the winery at DCA dinner idea, based on reports from friends who've eaten there. Sorry...

Depends on how late the park is open. If the park's only open until 8, I'd do the park until 8 then head over to Napa Rose for an awesome romantic dinner. If you like wine and know about wine or if you like wine but don't know anything about wine, ask the manager to help you pick out a wine. He's a great sommelier.

Adrienne K

hazlnut
04-12-2003, 01:22 PM
I popped the question at Snow White's grotto, said, "How about it, you wanna live happily ever after with me."

Even arranged to have Micky Mouse come over just after I asked her.

She said yes, been married seven years.

Her b-day is 11/18 and initails are (were) MM.

tiggerandtink
04-12-2003, 01:49 PM
Obviously, Disneyland in the evening lends itself quite easily to romance. I would agree with what others have said about taking your time and doing things you normally don't get to do with the kids, but I would add that doesn't mean staying away from things that you would do with them. That is, Fantasyland at night, especially Peter Pan, can be very romantic. Or is this just me?

lha9310
04-12-2003, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kimkinney

You don't say where you're staying

Were staying at the Carousel. had to go economy with paying for 2 rooms and 6 people. uuuggghhhhh.

All the ideas so far sound relly cool.
and hazlnut that is sooo cool that you asked her that way.
I am looking forword to trying some of these ideas so keep em comming. I Have never been on peter pan will have to give it a go it might be the first time we both ride it that would make it a little special (first time on a disney ride together aaawwww.) I dont think I will be able to get her on the big carousel She is afraid of heights.

Keep the ideas comming

ksejr1
04-12-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by hazlnut
I popped the question at Snow White's grotto, said, "How about it, you wanna live happily ever after with me."

Even arranged to have Micky Mouse come over just after I asked her.

She said yes, been married seven years.

Her b-day is 11/18 and initails are (were) MM.

that is soooo cute!!;)

oregonzooron
04-12-2003, 09:50 PM
That is, Fantasyland at night, especially Peter Pan, can be very romantic. Or is this just me?

NOT just you t&t!! Peter Pan and Alice both. High on my Park Romance list...Storybook Land Canal Boats at night! A nice slow cruise, scenery and lots of twinkly lights!:D

Don't forget to cuddle on the train, too!

see you at the zoo

ron

julia
04-13-2003, 01:55 PM
Hello,

A late dinner at the Napa Rose would be wonderful - it is such a romantic restaurant and the food is divine, especially with the window looking out towards California Adventure and Grrr the Bear. Then, I would also ask the concierge at the Grand Californian about a quiet and romantic, out-of-the-way place to watch the fireworks or even do the Fantasmic dessert buffet and ask for a table to the side.

Best Regards,
Julia

Pixie Glitter
04-13-2003, 05:36 PM
Such great ideas! My husband and I are going on our first trip to DLR sans kids in June (in fact, our first trip ANYWHERE sans kids in nine years!) and I'm looking forward to trying out some of these romantic suggestions. It will be my hubby's first trip to Disneyland (although he's been to WDW several times), so I'm doubly excited about showing him the Original Magic. Thanks for the tips, everyone!!