PDA

View Full Version : A few changes in Haunted Mansion that might be perm.

Ralph Wiggum
08-03-2001, 05:07 PM
got this information over at www.westcoaster.com from todays Disneyland Resort Update.

"It seems that they're going to make a few small changes that will affect the ride even after it changes back to normal Haunted Mansion in January. First, Madame Leota will no longer be on her "floating" table. It seems they've never really been happy with the projection system they've had to use with the floating table so they're putting her back on a stationary table for the sake of quality imaging. They're also supposed to be changing out the projection on the singing busts as well! Something that was done in Florida a while back but not here. Better projectors will be installed and the quality will be improved overall."

Check out some pictures there too of various things at the disneyland resort, magic mountain and Knotts

Lost Boy
08-03-2001, 09:43 PM
I tried to go to the site, but it says the site is for sale and doesn't go to the old site at all. Inetesting.

disneyfan
08-03-2001, 09:48 PM
I tried it too, but the site is www.westcoaster.net
not .com

Ralph Wiggum
08-04-2001, 12:28 PM
Sorry...i had it on my links....my bad!:(

Gemini Cricket
08-05-2001, 12:35 PM
I always thought they should give that Hat Box Ghost another try. I remember him from my old Disneyland "Haunted Mansion" Record. He'd be a great addition.

Oh yeah, and fix the ballroom scene glass.

bandboy1985
08-22-2001, 07:19 PM
the ballroom scene glass would have to be dynamited to be shattered, and then blowtorched out...really not an option, although if DL does go to the 6-day week, it could become more of a possiblity.

various effects have been devised to attempt to cover it over, from spiderweb decals to velvet drapes to columns, but to no avail. the glass was lowered in by helicopter, and i believe is 8-10 inches thick pitched at a shallow (75*) angle away from the omnimover system.

but it would be nice to remove the shards of glass...

zapppop
08-22-2001, 07:37 PM
I wish they would import the music from the stretch room in Phantom Manor. It would be perfect !

Morrigoon
08-22-2001, 09:34 PM
I love the Phantom Manor, but surprisingly, I wouldn't want our Mansion changed to be too much like manor. For one, it's the original, and secondly, the beauty of them is their differences.

But I agree, the music from Manor rules.