PDA

View Full Version : Paradie Pier Concierge Level - Worth the extra $$??

ESS Heckler
04-11-2003, 05:00 PM
I will be in DLR May 9th thru the 12th. I have reservations at the PP Hotel. I was just at DLR in Feb and stayed at the GC (not the Concierge level - or whatever it's called now) and I thought I would try out the PP for comparison's sake.

I'm looking for opions if upgrading to the concierge level is worth the extra dough. I'll be there with my BF (it's his 40th birthday) and going to DLR was HIS suggestion. We won't have any kids with us :) (Whoo Hoo!)
We both have AP's so will go to DLR at least one more time this year.

Any other adult birthday suggestions would be appreciated.

PS - Merlin and Treff, since we won't have any children with us, do I have your permission to enjoy a marg from Rita's while I'm there? ;)

MouseWife
04-11-2003, 05:10 PM
Just thought I'd ask~ Did you try the LMQ discount?

LOL Adult birthday suggestions? Wow. If I could, have one that is, I would see who is playing at the House of Blues and {is that what it is called?} enjoy myself, knowing I wouldn't have to drive. After a margarita or not.

Have a great time!!

ESS Heckler
04-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Mwife -

House of Blues - great idea! If it wasn't Mother's Day on Sunday, I'd be all over the Gospel Brunch. As it is Mother's Day, I'm guessing a mob scene in DTD for Sunday Brunch. But for the rest of the trip HOB is definitely on our itinerary.

Help me here - what is a LMQ discount?

hazlnut
04-11-2003, 06:09 PM
Wait, wait...
when did Paradise Pier get a concierge leve??

MouseWife
04-11-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by kimkinney
Mwife -

But for the rest of the trip HOB is definitely on our itinerary.

Help me here - what is a LMQ discount?

Cool for the HOB plans. :cool:

Well, it has been on here before, and, mousesavers.com has a lot of information on it.

It depends if they have any of those slots left {if you are familiar with how they do discounts, a certain number of rooms are held for different rates, I believe} but I understand you call and request the LMQ rate and they will know. A few people on here have used it and saved a bit. As well if you are an AP holder.

I didn't notice where you are from, so, I don't know if that makes a difference.

I thought the P.P. always had concierge. I haven't stayed there in years but back when I did they offered it to us.

tjrj
04-12-2003, 07:48 AM
hazlnut-as far as I know, all three of the DL hotels have concierge. Check out either the DL hotels review section or maybe the articles section here on MP. I'm almost positive that there are articles about concierge at all three.

Kimkinney-welcome from a MP'er in CO! If you don't have kiddos with you-lucky you! I've never had the opportunity-I would take the time to do the things that you either rush through or forego entirely when they are with you. Disney Gallery, Rod Miller at Coke Corner, more atmosphere stuff.

PARK_HOPPER
04-12-2003, 08:47 AM
At Paradise Pier Hotel, the Concierge Lounge is on the second floor.

The Concierge Level rooms are on the thrid floor facing the pool (Cabana rooms) and the remainder are on the 14th and 15th floors.

If you desire quick access to the pool, then request a thrid floor Cabana room. If you like intimacy and don't mind being on a high floor, then ask for either the 14th or 15th floor.

Here's a "hidden" Mickey.

If all you need are the Concierge service amenities, and don't need extra soaps or robes in your room, ask for the Concierge service when you check in. It's $35.00 per day, per room.

You and your family (up to 5 people) will have access to the Concierge Lounge which includes free breakfast, free evening appetizers, wine, cheese and snacks (two days a week, they have food from Yamabuki), all you can drink soft drinks, bottled water, juice and coffee and tea. You can even take your breakfast "to go" to your room or whereever in "take-out" containers. You may also take soft drinks and coffee/tea to go. The coffee is also the good stuff they serve at the Coffee House and not the stuff they give you in the room.

You can't get this deal when you make your reservation, it's only available at check-in. Depending on occupancy of the Concierge level, the upgrade may or may not be available.

Again, the $35.00 charge per night is for access to the lounge only, and not a Concierge Level room.

I bet you haven't seen this posted on mousesavers.com!

DLFan
04-12-2003, 01:02 PM
Park_Hopper, do you know if the $35.00 concierge service is available at the Disneyland Hotel as well?

This sounds like a great deal. I have booked a standard room but would like to get this service added at check in.

Thanks.

chelbell
04-12-2003, 01:07 PM
PARK_HOPPER.....what a great tidbit!!! I have stayed there several times and I never knew that! My friends are staying there in May, and I am definately going to let them know. We're going in May also, but staying at the DLH, but next time we stay at PP, I'm asking for this!! Thanks again!!:)

hazlnut
04-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by PARK_HOPPER
If all you need are the Concierge service amenities, and don't need extra soaps or robes in your room, ask for the Concierge service when you check in. It's $35.00 per day, per room.

You and your family (up to 5 people) will have access to the Concierge Lounge which includes free breakfast, free evening appetizers, wine, cheese and snacks (two days a week, they have food from Yamabuki), all you can drink soft drinks, bottled water, juice and coffee and tea. You can even take your breakfast "to go" to your room or whereever in "take-out" containers. You may also take soft drinks and coffee/tea to go. The coffee is also the good stuff they serve at the Coffee House and not the stuff they give you in the room.

You can't get this deal when you make your reservation, it's only available at check-in. Depending on occupancy of the Concierge level, the upgrade may or may not be available.

Wait, wait, wait, wait!!!
That is a great tip. Thank you.

Does that work at the other two hotels? At what price per room?

PARK_HOPPER
04-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Here's more to the "Hidden Mickey".

Yes, you can upgrade to Conicerge level service at Disneyland and Paradise Pier Hotel and Craftsman's Club service at Grand Californian Hotel.

It's all based on availability and actual occupancy of the Concierge level and Craftsman's Club rooms.

You can only request the Conceierge service at time of check-in and not prior to arrival with your room-only or Disney Travel package. If you do request it prior to arrival, your room rate will be changed to Concierge level or Craftsman's Club.

My advice, just wait until you arrive, and ask if the service is available and then upgrade.

If you already have a suite, Concierge and Craftsman's Club service is already included, no need to upgrade.

Here's the current rates (always subject to change):

Paradise Pier--$35.00 per night, plus tax

Disneyland Hotel--$75.00 per night, plus tax

Grand Californian--$100.00 per night, plus tax

Also, if you have multiple rooms and you only pay for the service in one room, the employees in the Concierge level and Craftsman's Club lounge are on to this and have a check-off sheet of who actually is entitled to the service.

Don't embarass yourself and load up the lounge with friends and family from other rooms who haven't paid for the service, otherwise you'll have a "mad" mouse on your hands who will add lots of additional fees and charges to your bill.

Trust me, the hotels at Disneyland are on to the scam of people trying to use the lounge and stating they are staying in a room with the Concierge service, and it turns out they are not. It's quite embarrasing for the offender!

Paradise Pier offers the best value.

Has mousesavers.com page been updated yet? hehe

ESS Heckler
04-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!!

This is the kind of advice/info I was looking for when I posted this thread!!