PDA

View Full Version : World of Color: Electronica Testing

JerrodDRagon
09-15-2010, 07:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PBnZqs-mw&feature=player_embedded

I cant wait to see what they do with this....I thought Tron would be way cooler in WOC than Pirates any day.

AVP
09-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Strangely enough, I was just told about a new "encore" for World of Color that will begin October 8th when ElecTRONica starts. I don't have any additional details, but I'm guessing this video was a test of the new elements.

AVP

ChrisGlass
09-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Awesome!!!

TowerofTerror
09-15-2010, 09:48 PM
thanks for posting

Gone2Disneyland
09-15-2010, 09:50 PM
That video (which was cool) made me think, "Would Walt have ok'd the idea of a hotel right next door to a Disney theme park?" :p

disney42dude
09-15-2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PBnZqs-mw&feature=player_embedded

I cant wait to see what they do with this....I thought Tron would be way cooler in WOC than Pirates any day.

Awesome! So, obviously they can and will be making changes to WOC (even if it's just some projections on the mist screens after the main show) sooner rather than later! I love it!!! :cool:

IllusionOfLife
09-15-2010, 10:44 PM
I must admit, imagining the possibilities of a TRON segment to World of Color makes me all giddy inside, even if it is just a post-show element. :D

JerrodDRagon
09-15-2010, 11:50 PM
^I have never gotten why they don't play trailers for new movies before WOC and Fantasmic...i mean that would be cool AND its (almost) Free Advertisement.

Lets hope we get to see some cool scenes from the trailer on the HUGE water Screen

olegc
09-16-2010, 07:38 AM
i, for one, hope it's something more than the video shows. These days it's easy to project a computer created moving image onto a screen. if they incorporate some of the laser effects, fountains, and water movement then I would say it was worthwhile.

I don't know about projecting trailers on the mist screens. You already have a large enough crowd waiting along the rivers edge, or in Paradise Park, for the show to begin. Projecting ads and trailers (you can imaging Disney Channel ads) would would create more people just hanging around. Sure, you say, less lines for others who want to ride rides - but then might as well make it a drive in movie and sit there for two or three hours (some already do). It's the wrong incentive IMHO.

houseofmouse
09-16-2010, 07:50 AM
It's bad enough now in the Animation Academy you have to watch a movie trailer, I would not want to watch any ads before a show thank you.

JerrodDRagon
09-16-2010, 08:42 AM
^because looking at nothing is much better;)

CariBelle
09-16-2010, 09:13 AM
^because looking at nothing is much better;)

IMO, yes.

IllusionOfLife
09-16-2010, 09:27 AM
i, for one, hope it's something more than the video shows. These days it's easy to project a computer created moving image onto a screen. if they incorporate some of the laser effects, fountains, and water movement then I would say it was worthwhile.

I don't know about projecting trailers on the mist screens. You already have a large enough crowd waiting along the rivers edge, or in Paradise Park, for the show to begin. Projecting ads and trailers (you can imaging Disney Channel ads) would would create more people just hanging around. Sure, you say, less lines for others who want to ride rides - but then might as well make it a drive in movie and sit there for two or three hours (some already do). It's the wrong incentive IMHO.

I hate when people do this but… This.

olegc
09-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Honor Hunter over at Blue Sky Disney had a little more insight (and his sources are very accurate).

his one comment summed up my opinion on this one..
"Instead the large mist sprays will be used to broadcast the Tron Legacy trailer and advertisement of the upcoming film. So essentially it's a product placement.
Quite literally, it's an aquatic trailer..."

for me - it may be on a large mist screen - but the level of detail in the trailer will be lost on the mist screen - and I've seen the trailer..
http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2010/09/insertron.html

IllusionOfLife
09-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Honor Hunter over at Blue Sky Disney had a little more insight (and his sources are very accurate).

his one comment summed up my opinion on this one..
"Instead the large mist sprays will be used to broadcast the Tron Legacy trailer and advertisement of the upcoming film. So essentially it's a product placement.
Quite literally, it's an aquatic trailer..."

for me - it may be on a large mist screen - but the level of detail in the trailer will be lost on the mist screen - and I've seen the trailer..
http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2010/09/insertron.html

That's rather lame, actually. I'd even be happy if they just showed the trailer but incorporated the fountains and the lasers in some way. If you're going to have product placement, at least make it interesting :/

JerrodDRagon
09-20-2010, 11:50 AM
^thats what I was hoping for too, but we'll have to see if Disney does anything more than just project the trailer (which if i'm not mistaken there will be a trailer shown in the muppets building too)

disney42dude
10-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Wow, so it was way more than a projected trailer!!! Just saw the vid from the article in the "News" section. Can't wait to see it in person! Wish they would have shown us this at the meet-up.

cstephens
10-31-2010, 11:55 PM
I saw World of Color tonight because I wanted to see the TRON bit. Spectacular. They did a great job with it. I'm not a huge fan of World of Color, but it's definitely worth it to see the TRON segment. They made really good use of the surrounding architecture in that segment, and it's a full segment, not just a little bitty add-on.

Nikara
11-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Watched the video today, and that was really cool! I particularly loved the projections and lighting on Screaming!

WITron
11-01-2010, 05:54 PM
I saw WOC on Saturday and was really impressed with the TronCore. Even my wife, who is not a Tron fan, really liked it.

IllusionOfLife
11-01-2010, 05:59 PM
I saw this over on the UnFiction Forums and I thought it was very cool indeed. I'm glad that our fears of just a simple trailer on mist screens turned out to be unwarranted, because this 'TRONcore' is really excellent.

It's without question the most elaborate segment of the show currently and even on YouTube it made my jaw drop. I would love to see this (and ElecTRONica) in person, but I have now way of getting to Anaheim right now :(