PDA

View Full Version : Carousel Inn & Suites

lha9310
04-10-2003, 05:29 PM
Looking for Info on the Carousel Inn & Suites I am going to Disney in November and booked that Hotel. I thought it would be a good choice just from location and price. I wanted to see if I could get an opinion on the place though.

Also we will be there in November, What is the park like at that time of year what can i expect at the beginning of November.

Thanks any help is Good

Toady The Eighth
04-11-2003, 09:41 AM
Hi,

The Carousel Inn and Suites is in a fabulous location, you can literally walk across the street to the parks, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Depending on your room rate, it is usually a good value. I had only a few complaints when I stayed there, and they might not be a big deal to you.

1)The swimming pool is pretty tiny, had too much chlorine in it at the time, and they didn't have a hot tub.
2)The conitnental breakfast was a pre-wrapped pastry and toast with an attendant handing it out and taking your room number (I think I read somewhere that this had changed for the better though)
3)The front desk was rude to me when I asked for more towels (They didn't put fresh towels in the room every day) I wasn't impressed with their customer service.

However, I would stay there again. The pool, and breakfast are not that important to me, and I don't spend a ton of time dealing with the front desk.

This hotel tends to be a pretty good deal most of the time though.

Sonya in Boise
04-11-2003, 02:36 PM
If you haven't checked the reviews of this hotel on this board, here is a link

http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=carouselinnandsuites

I posted a review of our December trip.

I response to Shannon's review...the breakfast has changed. We were never asked for our room number and were able to eat in the breakfast room AND take food back to our room. The breakfast seemed pretty fresh. The breads/danish were not pre wrapped and were soft and fresh. The fruit was wonderful. It was nice to grab an apple to take to the park for the kids to snack on later. My only wish was that they served milk or apple juice. The fruit punch has too much sugar for me to feel good about giving it to my kids. (we only drink 100% juice at home)

Have a great trip. You should like this hotel.

julia
04-13-2003, 02:08 PM
Hello,

The Candy Cane Inn has a wonderful location, just 250 yards from the front gate of Disneyland, lots of flowers, a very good breakfast and excellent service - it is a Disneyland classic and many people won't stay anywhere else. You don't have to cross the busy Harbor Boulevard if you walk, but there is also a shuttle service. There is an Embassy Suites Anaheim South down the street that offers a daily cooked-to-order breakfast, free shuttle service and an evening manager's reception with hors d'oeuvres and beverages. Also, a new Hilton Garden Inn has opened quite close to Disneyland - it has a free shuttle for its guests. Also, the Anaheim Residence Inn is very nice with a very nice daily breakfast with a big selection, lovely grounds and pool areas, a free shuttle service and the staff is very nice.

The Candy Cane Inn and the Hilton Garden Inn usually have prices very similar to the Carousel Inn and the other hotels along Harbor Boulevard and adjacent to Disneyland. Take a look a several hotels and compare prices - just to be certain that you are getting the best value for your money.

Have a magical day!
Julia

Disney Nick
04-13-2003, 02:33 PM
Eh, believe (s)he asked for opinions about the Carousel not an advertisement for the Candy Cane, but sure. =|

As for the Carousel, great place and I would definitely recommend it. Some of the guys working the front desk don't have the best customer service skills but the ladies seem to most of the time. Pool isn't the best, but that isn't important to me. Breakfast was so-so, but I've seen better.

Overall, the rooms are nice and clean and the price is usually good. It is my hotel of choice when staying in Anaheim (though the Candy Cane is admittedly right behind).

disguy
04-13-2003, 05:32 PM
I stayed at the Carousel Inn and didn't like it very much. I thought the rooms were very small, seems like everything was crammed into a tiny room. The bathroom had very little light, I just thought it was a gloomy place to stay. At the time I thought it was O.K because I did not have good experiences with prior DL area hotels. My choice, (if it's ok with NMorales) is Howard Johnson by far the best I've stayed at.

eryn
04-29-2003, 09:23 AM
I think you get what you pay for. My family of 8 stayed in two rooms at the Carosel in Oct/Nov in 02. We really liked it. Breakfast was really nice. We loaded up on the fruits to take with us for snacks. The fruit punch is really to sweet. Pool is small but if you want to do laps, go somewhere else. No hot tub did kind of suck but we were really to busy to nitice. About the park in Nov. We went Oct 27-Nov 3. We were sure it would be really quiet but, alas, the Angels decided to win! Man, it was very busy. But as long as nothing exciting happpens when your there it should be fine. Bring a sweater though for after the sun goes down!

Have fun for me!

amismo
04-30-2003, 11:16 AM
I chose Carousel because it was $200 less than Best Western Park Place (which has the BEST location imho), and about $500 less than Disneyland hotel. and had no cockraoches (Park Vue)

I loved the fact that it was walking distance - really! The convenience store is on the way. I was moving with a 6 mth old and a 2 yr old - so when i say it was close - it really was!

Ask for rooms towards the fron of the hotel (we had 303 and 304). There are no connecting rooms. Our rooms were decent sized, I would say a clean Motel 6 config. Microwave and fridge were wonderful.

Breakfast was croissants, Danishes, muffins, Bananas and Apples/ Oranges, Tea, coffee, orange juice and tropical punch. Breakfast room was light and airy, with the most gorgeous view.

Didnt visit the pool.