PDA

View Full Version : Too soon for a Christmas Version of World of Color?

JerrodDRagon
09-13-2010, 12:18 AM
The rumor is out there that WOC will already be getting a Christmas overlay the show will only be about 5 month old if this is true I think its WAY to early for a new WOC.

Unless Disney is going to try and turn WOC into a show that chnages ever few months whihc would DRAW soo many AP's and people to the park but I still don't think they should change much until at least next summer.

3Princesses1Prince
09-13-2010, 03:10 AM
I agree.

disneylandgirl
09-13-2010, 08:17 AM
I won't be going to the park until Christmas time... so this would kind of be a dissapointment. I mean, I LOVE Christmas time at the parks, but I would like to see the original before the alteration.

Disneylandfanguy
09-13-2010, 08:22 AM
I seriously doubt that they will be making any changes to World of Color.

It took them several months to program the show, I doubt they would change it so soon.

To be frank, the key word here is "rumor" So, I don't believe this at all.

JerrodDRagon
09-13-2010, 09:26 AM
^they have said in the past that now it is pretty easy to just project ANYTHING for the show...so I really could see them having a 10 or 15 min show ready by November if they wanted to.

Imaginears
09-13-2010, 10:00 AM
With disneyland and Disney World Wide, the trend is special holiday overlays to draw in the seasonal crowd. That being the case, I can imagine that a holiday show might have even been programed and designed simaltaneously to the design of WOC. That way it'd be ready to go.
Although, I can't quite seem to believe that Disney would have planned that far ahead, but it's definately possible. Disney wants DCA hopping with guests!! Abillion dollars isn't spent without a serious fincial return coming in. An X-mas show would keep others coming back in spring to see the original!! It would be smart.

Maybe with all that dough coming in, the People Mover can be returned. I'm not letting that go!!!;)

olegc
09-13-2010, 10:14 AM
The rumor is out there that WOC will already be getting a Christmas overlay the show will only be about 5 month old if this is true I think its WAY to early for a new WOC.

Unless Disney is going to try and turn WOC into a show that chnages ever few months whihc would DRAW soo many AP's and people to the park but I still don't think they should change much until at least next summer.

from what I recall in the WOC meetup for disney blog folks Steve Davison said that yes they could make lots of changes to the show because of the digital nature but that they would want to test it and evaluate what they are doing - and it took so long (4 years total) to create this show (music, programming, style and color, views, etc). that creating something in a few months, especially something so new, may not be on their short list. That's a paraphrase of what he mentioned.

Also, with all of the construction continuing (by then we should see something going on with the entrance) it may not be beneficial to drive the numbers through the roof again...

However, Disney Marketing is very persuasive and I can bet there is pressure to create something that can generate extra revenue. Can you say Santa /Mickey Meet and greet prior to the show?

Disneylandfanguy
09-13-2010, 10:21 AM
^they have said in the past that now it is pretty easy to just project ANYTHING for the show.

Oh, I'm aware of that. I just don't believe that they would change the show so soon.

Tan Da Man
09-13-2010, 10:24 AM
I know for a fact this rumor is false. end story.

dznyphreak
09-13-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm willing to bet we won't see any major changes to the show until 2012. There will be enough happening between now and then to keep the crowds coming without another project like this happening.

Plus it seems there's still some kinks to work out, like fixing the projection domes and doing something about the foul color that water has become.

JerrodDRagon
09-14-2010, 08:47 AM
^I wonder if the average guest (not AP) notices that the water they are being spayed with at night is brown, lol

IllusionOfLife
09-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Plus it seems there's still some kinks to work out, like… doing something about the foul color that water has become.

I'm not positive but I think that might be intentional. I know that the water in the Rivers of America is dyed, both to mirror the Mississippi River and to conceal the tracks for the boats and the Fantasmic! equipment.

When we went in June of this year the water was dyed (as per usual) but you could still see the show infrastructure for World of Color below the surface. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney strengthened the dye to better conceal the show platforms.

As for the main topic, I know, like Toy Story Midway Mania, this show was designed in a way that a whole new show could be swapped into the system overnight. However, designing and programming the show would take a longer period of time. I imagine that Disney will likely have at least one full year of running the regular show, because it is still a novelty. There's really no need to make it any 'newer' because many people haven't seen it yet as it is.

dznyphreak
09-14-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm not positive but I think that might be intentional. I know that the water in the Rivers of America is dyed, both to mirror the Mississippi River and to conceal the tracks for the boats and the Fantasmic! equipment.

When we went in June of this year the water was dyed (as per usual) but you could still see the show infrastructure for World of Color below the surface. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney strengthened the dye to better conceal the show platforms.

If it were some shade of blue or green, I'd understand. If this ugly sewer-water-brown color was intentional, then someone screwed up. It looks like it has slowly gotten worse, which makes me think it wasn't intentional.

I feel like the dye that was in the water back in June was nowhere near the bay's original blue color that it was before they drained it a couple years ago. That color would have certainly hidden the World of Color infrastructure. Maybe they couldn't heavily dye it without compromising the show in some way? Like the projections or colors wouldn't look right?? I seem to remember the bay having a pretty good filtering system (with the drains near the Ferris Wheel...?). Why isn't it keeping the water clean?

IllusionOfLife
09-14-2010, 03:42 PM
If it were some shade of blue or green, I'd understand. If this ugly sewer-water-brown color was intentional, then someone screwed up. It looks like it has slowly gotten worse, which makes me think it wasn't intentional.

I feel like the dye that was in the water back in June was nowhere near the bay's original blue color that it was before they drained it a couple years ago. That color would have certainly hidden the World of Color infrastructure. Maybe they couldn't heavily dye it without compromising the show in some way? Like the projections or colors wouldn't look right?? I seem to remember the bay having a pretty good filtering system (with the drains near the Ferris Wheel...?). Why isn't it keeping the water clean?

Like I said, I haven't been since June so I can't really comment, I was just making an assumption based on what I know about the parks. If it really is as bad as you say than I agree it should be fixed.