PDA

View Full Version : Silly Old Bear

BELLEH5
04-10-2003, 04:35 PM
CAUTION!--- This story is about Whinnie the Pooh***

Pooh takes over Sacramento!!! Around 7am this mourning I was driving my mom to work. We were curising around with the radio on. She decided to change the station to 101.1 Oldies & R'n'B.
The DJ's were in Disneyland covering the Grand opening of a new attraction in Critter Country "the MANY ADVENTURES OF WHINNIE
FREAKIN POOH". The Dj was interviewing some castmembers.
And then again around 2:30 pm on Y92.5, there was more covereage about the attraction, the gallery and the POTC movie.
Did anyone else in Northeren CA here this?

Help POOH is taking over.

And right now there was a commerical for Good Day Sacramento
: They are reporting live from Disneyland tommorow :

mousey_girl
04-10-2003, 06:28 PM
My city is the northern most point in central Calif that Disney considers southern Calif (meaning we are north of the Grapevine, but still get the Southern Calif discounts). I have heard the commercials since Monday morning. It seems to be a mass marketing thing (maybe to make up for the lack of publicity that would have come from having a major media event).

furbE95
04-10-2003, 07:34 PM
What city is considered the northernmost part of southern california?

mousey_girl
04-10-2003, 08:57 PM
hehehe I'll never tell. I usually say that I live in South Central California. ;)

SueinSac
04-11-2003, 09:04 AM
Pooh takes over Sacramento!!! ... on Y92.5, there was more covereage about the attraction, the gallery and the POTC movie.
Did anyone else in Northeren CA here this?

Yep, I heard it too! On Y92, with the smarmy guy in the afternoons.

I can't wait to take my toddler to DL next month...this is the first trip I think she'll really enjoy!

Sue in Sacramento
...who will have the little blonde toddler dressed as "Tinkerbelle"...

Uncle Dick
04-13-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
hehehe I'll never tell. I usually say that I live in South Central California. ;)
Sounds like a Porterville resident to me... ;)

Bill Catherall
04-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Y92.5 is often pimping marketing opening attractions at the DLR. I heard them a couple months ago when they were live at Aladdin, but I missed their day of Pooh.

I'm assuming they are one of many that are owned by ABC since I always hear Disney commercials on that station but never hear them on any of the CBS owned stations.