PDA

View Full Version : New AP Discounts for the Disneyland Resort

Pages : [1] 2 3

AVP
04-10-2003, 01:03 PM
The following changes will take effect on April 14, 2003. (Not April 1m as previously posted) They have not been officially announced, and are subject to change:

Premium Annual Passholders will receive 15% off at the following locations:

Goofy's Kitchen
Granville's
Hook's Pointe
PCH Grill
Yamabuki
Storyteller's Cafe
Napa Rose
Carnation
Blue Bayou
Ariel's Grotto
Vineyard Room
Wine Trattoria

SoCal and Deluxe Annual Passholders will receive a 10% discount at these same locations.

ALL Annual Passholders will receive a 10% discount at the following locations:

Plaza Inn
Redd Rocket's Pizza Port
Rancho Del Zocalo
French Market
Riverbell Terrace
Cafe Orleans
Pacific Wharf Cafe
Hollywood and Dine (I swear, it's on the list)
Taste Pilot's Grill

AVP

Bill Catherall
04-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Ariel's Grotto isn't on the list, but I got a 15% discount there Monday with my PAP.

AVP
04-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
Ariel's Grotto isn't on the list, but I got a 15% discount there Monday with my PAP.

It might have helped if I had turned the sheet over....

AVP

Toady The Eighth
04-10-2003, 01:59 PM
So all of us Deluxe Annual Pass Holders will get 10% now at Goody's Kitchen? That's fabulous!!!

Mitchwebb
04-10-2003, 02:49 PM
:confused: New to having an AP and was wondering does only the person with the AP get the discount?

RStar
04-10-2003, 04:00 PM
No, if you handle the transaction, your whole group gets the discount. But it has to be on one bill, paid by you.

I remember when Redd Rocketts Pizza Port first opened and they wouldn't allow any discounts. Now they are at the bottom of the list, even the So. Cal. gets it now. What's up with that?

Not that I'm complaining mind you, I think it's great.;)

Not Afraid
04-10-2003, 07:45 PM
No Patina Group on the list???:crying:

But, Riverbelle is back on for Brunch! WHOO HOO!

TeaCupper
04-10-2003, 08:31 PM
hey, thanks for the update. We'll be there next week and plan to go to the Blue Bayou! Makes me feel a little better since I'm mourning Space Mountain's early nap. :crying:

TeaCupper :)

blusilva
04-10-2003, 08:54 PM
I'm really glad the Riverbelle Terrace is back on the list. Our group has been eating most of our breakfasts at Carnation since they stopped the discounts there. It'll be nice to go back.

But no amount of discounting will ever get me back to Cafe Orleans.

RStar
04-11-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by blusilva
I'm really glad the Riverbelle Terrace is back on the list.

Yes, I was a bit taken back by the loss of a discount at the Riverbelle as well. I could never figure that out. I'll go back now as well, but is it for breakfast as well (my fav. meal there)?

And what happend at Cafe Orleans? I had dinner there last month and didn't have a problem.

stinkerbell
04-11-2003, 09:27 AM
Yay! I'll take good news where I can get it! :) 10% off at Goofy's sounds good to me......

cstephens
04-11-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
No Patina Group on the list???:crying:

Nope, because Patina doesn't own anything that's directly inside Disney property (parks, hotels).

However, Catal does still offer the "one free appetizer for every two AP-holders" deal, which I rather like.

LSPoorEeyorick
04-11-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by blusilva

Why?

skeleton@thewheel
04-11-2003, 01:09 PM
SoCal and Deluxe Annual Passholders will receive a 10% discount at these same locations.

that's GREAT.... now I wish I had upgraded my day ticket to a SoCal AP last Sunday :(

they should open everything up in DTD for the discounts I say....

not everyone goes into DL every visit...although a quick ride on POTC is tempting any day of the week! :D

cstephens
04-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by skeleton@thewheel
they should open everything up in DTD for the discounts I say....

Well, that's not for them to say. They don't own all of the businesses in DTD, so it's up to the individual businesses. That being said, there are AP discount offers at various stores in DTD.

fredc
04-12-2003, 09:25 AM
As you said: "all subject to change"

I dined at the StoryTellers Cafe and only got a 10% discount with my PAP. The "manager" said "the resort decided not to make the changes".

Where di your information come from?

Fred Canfield

AVP
04-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by fredc
Where di your information come from?
A memo sent to the restaurants last week. I'm checking on it, but it may be that the discounts go into effect on MAY 1, not April 1.

AVP

blusilva
04-12-2003, 02:46 PM
I realize it's off topic here, but a couple of folks had asked, so mods, move at will....

Over the past two years the parties I've dined with at Cafe Orleans have had several bad experiences, including hair in the food, a CM behind the counter loudly insulting a member of our party because she wanted dressing on the side of her salad (which she requested and was told was OK at the time she ordered), and a cashier that dumped change into my chowder bowl, and in response just looked at me and said "that wasn't my fault, was it?" When these experiences were reported politely (and I stress that. There was no screaming or huffing or demanding involved) to the manager on hand, we were met with varying degrees of "What-Ever!" ranging from "The person at the front of the line who told you that you could have dressing on the side was wrong" to "well, there's no way of telling where that hair came from. Are you sure its not one of yours?" I didn't bother asking to have the chowder bowl replaced because I knew it wasn't going to kill me to eat it. The point is, I shouldn't have had to ask. The cashier should have apologized and replaced it immediately.

One night, around 8:30 pm, after playing a long game of "where's an open restaurant on the west side of the park" (we were all holding FPs for something over on that side and wanted a bite to eat in the area while they matured) and running back and forth following signs directing us to other restaurants which were closed, we ended up at Cafe Orelans by default. While we waited in the rather lengthy line we were treated to CMs complaining about how busy it was and how they were supposed to have been closed at 8 and how the line was never going to get any shorter, blah blah blah. When we finally got inside, none of the main menu items were left. We ended up with chocolate cake for dinner. I realize that's not their fault, but we shouldn't have had to hear about it.

So, no, an AP discount isn't enough to entice me back there. I'm steering clear of the place until I read that they've changed management.

blusilva
04-13-2003, 11:36 PM
As of this morning, the discount wasn't in effect at the Riverbelle. But the food was good, and the service outstanding!

AVP
04-14-2003, 01:49 PM
The discounts went into effect today, April 14. This has been confirmed.

AVP

RStar
04-14-2003, 05:59 PM
Thanks Adrienne.

And you too, Blusilva. I do recall some of that on the pad now.

And now we have a new term

"Chowder Change"

In place of pocket change or chump change.

Or for poor food service. Take your pick.;)

dsnylndmom
04-16-2003, 05:30 PM
I was there on Monday the 14th and was told at Goofy's Kitchen that Deluxe AP's did NOT get a discount(still ate there but paid $84)and then that afternoon at Blue Bayou was told, rather rudely that ONLY PREMIUM"s get a discount.

:mad:

stinkerbell
04-16-2003, 05:41 PM
Oh......this is NOT good news. I think I'll call and check directly with Goofy's right now..... :( I would like that discount, thankyouverymuch.

I'll post back tomorrow what I find out. We planned to enjoy the Blue Bayou as well.

sydney
04-16-2003, 07:13 PM
hey mousepadders... We ate at storytellers last night (tuesday the 15th) and were told that PAP's only get 10%. So either the new %'s haven't gone into effect or (more believably) the news just hasn't trickled down yet.

MammaSilva
04-16-2003, 07:17 PM
My suggestion, go to the AP site and print the discounts out before you leave STinkerbell....then you can ask for a lead/manager if they aren't willing to accomodate the current rates