PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from Park Hopper to Annual Passport

Aunty Brat
04-10-2003, 11:17 AM
Hi there, I have a question for the brilliant minds out there.

My family already has APs, but we are bringing a friend next week who will be there for three days. I got a good price on a 3 day pp ($109) and I was wondering if you can still upgrade to a So Cal AP on the last day so that they can attend on those black out days?

I would appreciate any help you could provide!!!

Laura :D

DigitalLizard
04-10-2003, 11:22 AM
I upgraded on my trip this past weekend
and I upgraded to the Premium... but
I was told I had to do it on the FIRST day
the passport is used.

scaeagles
04-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Has there been a change? I have always done the upgrade on the last day and they have simply put the date on the AP of the first day I used the passport. If there has been a change, it would be good to know.

MouseWife
04-10-2003, 11:30 AM
Ah, I think the issue would more deal with the price of the 3-day ticket, $109.

How much is the SoCa pass? You have to go up from your purchase. If the SoCa is $105. I don't know if they will do it. But,
I don't know what it costs.

Something to check out...........

Darkbeer
04-10-2003, 11:44 AM
You do NOT need to upgrade on the first day, in fact, if you have a Passport Plus, you don't want to upgrade until the last day, since you would lose the "Unlimited" FastPass benefit. Disney allows upgrading any day the passport is valid, and does "backdate" to the first day of use. (though, some folks have reported that CM's have made a mistake, and not backdated). Also, it is a good way to get around blackout dates, buy the Passport, use it during the blackout date(s) and then upgrade to an AP.

And you must UPgrade, so since the Passport is more expensive than the SoCal AP, you cannot get that AP. You can upgrade to either the Deluxe or Premium AP though.

tabacco
04-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Exactly. Everyone's summed it up pretty well. You have until the last day, no matter what anyone says. And you can only upgrade to a more expensive AP.

DigitalLizard
04-10-2003, 12:13 PM
I wonder why I was told I had to do it on the first
day it was used... my BIGGEST complaint is CM's
that don't know an ounce of what they are talking
about!
Do they HAVE training at DL? Or is it all free roam...
and every man for himself?
Good grief!

tabacco
04-10-2003, 11:18 PM
Before you accuse us ticket sellers of being untrained, please remember everyone is allowed the occasional mental lapse once in awhile. It may just have been an honest mistake, where they meant to say "last" and for some reason said "first." It happens to all of us.

DigitalLizard
04-11-2003, 09:13 AM
actually I inquired with someone OTHER than a ticket person...
City Hall actually... TWICE... because I also thought it was
a last day thing too...

just depends on who you talk to...

just like pin trading... one CM will take ANY pin... some
CM's will only take LE's or NON Disney Store pins...
they are just as finicky as the guests are! It is pathetic!