PDA

View Full Version : Drawn to the Magic to end October 21

Pages : [1] 2

AVP
09-09-2010, 02:05 PM
October 21st is currently scheduled to be the final performance date for Drawn to the Magic. The show will be replaced by Disney Dance Crew, which was described on the Disney Auditions site as "a hip, contemporary dance show in the mold of 'America’s Best Dance Crew' and 'So You Think You Can Dance'." I had previously written about this show when it appeared on the audition site, but just received confirmation today that it will replace Drawn to the Magic. I'd hoped that DttM would move back to its original home outside the Animation Building, but that is not to be.

I've also previously metioned that High School Musical 3: Senior Year – Right Here! Right Now! will have its final performance at Disney California Adventure park on Sunday, October 17. It will be replaced by the new Disney Channel Rocks! concert-style show on Friday, October 22.

AVP

JerrodDRagon
09-09-2010, 02:23 PM
At least things like Glow Fest that arn't Disney are still fun....these dancing/singing shows suck they have NOTHING to do with Disney.

Disneylandfanguy
09-09-2010, 03:32 PM
these dancing/singing shows suck they have NOTHING to do with Disney.

Ahem, that's just your opinion. ;)

Lots of people enjoyed Drawn to the Magic.

The world does not revolve around you.

Its a shame that the show is ending. It was cute and it seemed to be a crowd pleaser.

Nikara
09-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I'll definitely miss this show- it was always a great opportunity to take pictures with characters when you are certain they'll be there. It was a pretty cute show, and well sung.

ChurroGirl
09-09-2010, 04:23 PM
I am sad to see this show go. It had great guest interaction and the character appearances during and after were always so much fun.

I think this show embodies alot of what Disney is about. Singing, Dancing, the Artisits on stage performing with the characters and crowds. I like how the CM's were dressed as the "old-fashioned" animators.

Zigen
09-09-2010, 04:59 PM
I can't draw to save my life... so I always skipped it. Maybe this dance show will be better. Too bad they couldn't move the drawing thing to another spot.

Malcon10t
09-09-2010, 05:32 PM
I really enjoyed DttM. It was fun and the "animators" always seemed to have fun.

AJDerrick
09-09-2010, 05:45 PM
The last time we saw this the nearby popcorn cart was especially pungent, it was funny to see them improv a little bit sneaking in "ooo, I want popcorn!" lines as they switched songs.

Liked the show alot. It was short, sweet, and they were always good performers. Sorry to see it go.

GMLSKIS
09-09-2010, 05:51 PM
I'll definitely miss this show- it was always a great opportunity to take pictures with characters when you are certain they'll be there. It was a pretty cute show, and well sung.

My feelings exactly.

kiowa
09-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I can't draw to save my life... so I always skipped it. Maybe this dance show will be better. Too bad they couldn't move the drawing thing to another spot.

huh?

Zigen
09-09-2010, 06:41 PM
huh?

lol, my bad, i was thinking of that thing where you learn how to draw a character.

JerrodDRagon
09-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Ahem, that's just your opinion. ;)

Lots of people enjoyed Drawn to the Magic.

The world does not revolve around you.

Its a shame that the show is ending. It was cute and it seemed to be a crowd pleaser.

no, no, no I love Drawn to Magic I was talking about the crap thats replacing it, which has nothing to do with Disney.

candles71
09-10-2010, 10:23 AM

I see you caught your error.;) Oh, and DH and G feel the same way but do very well in the class. You should try it, you just might be surprised.
We love this show. N was drawn into it a couple of years ago while wearing her Tink costume. We have a Sorceror Mickey (drawn by Jeffrey hanging in our kitchen) she got for being in the show. It was in the street in front of the anamation academy because the stage was being used for choir competitions. I liked it better in the street, more intimate I think.

houseofmouse
09-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Dancing is fun but DTTM was a cute show. Maybe it is just temporary until the re-do of DCA is done then they will put something in there that is time specific and fits.

Disneylandfanguy
09-10-2010, 12:50 PM
I liked it better in the street, more intimate I think.

Agreed.

But regardless of where it was, it was a nice little show while it lasted.

Iceman
09-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Wow--am I really this out of touch? I couldn't believe DttM stuck around as long as it did. The two times I saw it I thought it was hokey and didn't flow at all. And as for being a "crowd pleaser", I don't think I've ever seen more than a dozen people on those bleachers watching the show, EVER.

But then again I was sorry to see Golden Dreams and HISTA go, and those seemed to be almost universally reviled here in the online enthusiast universe. Go figure...

Sleeping Beauty's mom
09-11-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm sorry to see it go too, I enjoyed and I guess I better sneak one last visit in before it leaves :(. And I always thought it was a good crowd pleaser, the times I have seen it there has always been many people about.

MadasaHatter
09-11-2010, 04:42 PM
I thought that it was a good show and some of the performers were amazing. All things must come to an end! I am fine that there is new stuff and there always should be. There are lots of things at Disneyland/DisneyCA that some prefer and others don't. That is what I love....of course I am mad....

Drince88
09-11-2010, 04:53 PM
I enjoyed stopping to watch it for a few minutes when they were in front of the Animation Building - but NEVER made an effort to see it or slow down or anythign when they were in the theater area. It didn't even face a very busy walkway, so I can't imagine they drew in to many people that weren't specifically looking for it.

But I really like streetmosphere performances more than stage performances of similar magnitude.

TowerofTerror
09-11-2010, 04:54 PM
well i guess I HAVE TO SEE THE SHOW BEFORE IT ENDS

Rockchalker
09-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I liked it because it was a great opportunity to see my daughter's favorite Mickey Mouse... Sorcerer Mickey.

And two or three times we saw Woody.

Sad to see it go away.

mimsy
09-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I'll have to see Drawn to the Magic before it leaves. I did see a middle school choir competition on that stage and it was amusing.

WisforWonderwoman
09-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up that it is leaving. A couple of years ago we happened upon it and our daughter was chosen to pose as Cinderella. We have some great photos, video and a signed drawing as keepsakes. We will have to go and see it one more time before it's gone.

IdahoMike
09-22-2010, 06:45 AM
I will be sad to see it go as well. We always made time to see it at least once per trip, it was fun and entertaining, plus a nice break to sit down for 20 minutes! My oldest has been picked 3x to go up on stage, so we have 3 Woody drawings, 2 of them signed by the artist (Jason and Spencer (my son's name too!) and Woody too, and one just by the artist. It is pretty cool, and I am very disappointed that they are replacing it with a "dance crew" show. I am not one who is opposed to change, but IMO this will end up being a bad change.

gotchalk
09-24-2010, 08:04 PM
I will miss this, it was such a great hidden secret, I cant draw, but that was all the fun of it!