PDA

View Full Version : It's Only Been a Month...

Pages : [1] 2

MusicalMouse
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
It's been exactly 30 days since I last step foot in Disneyland and I'm having withdrawls. I think it's safe to say, "I am a Disneyland addict" :D Doesn't look like I'll be getting out there for a while so I guess I'm just stuck here in the real world. :crying: Anyone else suffering from Post-Disney sickness?

Michael24
09-08-2010, 04:27 PM
I haven't been since May. It's been close to four months or so. But I know how you feel. On average, I usually go just about a year between visits. At the beginning it seems like it'll take forever, but next you know, it's time again. My brother and I are hoping for another visit either in late-October/early-November or perhaps just January 2011.

In the meantime, I get my fix from Youtube videos, movies, and the various Disney books I have. :D

BlkPearlCptn
09-08-2010, 04:32 PM
End of June for me and won't be back until Oct 31st. Counting down the days!!!

Goodnplenty
09-08-2010, 04:49 PM
DH and I get DL withdrawal on the last night that we are walking back to our hotel for the last time. We are so quite, we don't say a word, it's as if we are crying on the inside knowing we have to wait another year. I totally understand.

GnP;)

DisneyFunFamily4
09-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I feel your pain! We haven't been to DL since April 25 (DH hasn't been since February 28th). We aren't going back to DL until next summer. We just moved from SoCal to NC, we were at DL at least once a month, talk about serious withdrawals. We are going to WDW in Dec and again in April. But DL is "home" and we miss it. And we especially miss all our MP DL friends...

Malcon10t
09-08-2010, 07:18 PM
And we especially miss all our MP DL friends...And we miss you!!

petesimac
09-08-2010, 07:33 PM
It's been exactly 30 days since I last step foot in Disneyland and I'm having withdrawls. I think it's safe to say, "I am a Disneyland addict" :D Doesn't look like I'll be getting out there for a while so I guess I'm just stuck here in the real world. :crying: Anyone else suffering from Post-Disney sickness?

It's called PDD (post-Disney-Depression), and yes, it afflicts us all. Really only one remedy that works: plan another trip immediately, even if it will be a while before you can go. Get a countdown and start looking forward to going back. Good luck.

JeffB
09-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Wow...

I haven't been since Dec 31st 2008. The whole family is headed back Oct 15th for my birthday weekend. WOO HOO!!!

I grew up in SoCal and we went a few times a year. Now that I live in Washington, I only make it down there once every couple of years.

WITron
09-08-2010, 09:11 PM
All I have to say is be thankful that you can go again so soon. The last time I was at DL was in 2006, and after our visit in October it will probably be another 5 years until we get back. I grew up in Southern Cal and regularly visited the park. No I have to live through everyone's trip reports.

SigalTchelet
09-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Wow...

I haven't been since Dec 31st 2008. The whole family is headed back Oct 15th for my birthday weekend. WOO HOO!!!

I grew up in SoCal and we went a few times a year. Now that I live in Washington, I only make it down there once every couple of years.

Will you be joining us at the Mouse Planet meet up at Disneyland on th e15th? I grew up in Venice, and when I went last October, it had been 18 years since I had been! Went back in May and bought an AP! Hope you have a great time! Hope to see you there!

Oh-Happy Birthday to a fellow Libran! I am celebrating that weekend too, though my birthday is October 3rd!

cookie7762
09-09-2010, 02:57 AM
It reminds me of Christmas night. When all the celbrating is done, you know you have to wait a whole year for it to come around again.

The anticipation and the event are amazing, but the end is soooo bitter sweet.

I have 8 days til my next trip and I have to figure out how to convince DH to upgrade out 2 day hoppers to am AP between now and then:(

PoomShanka
09-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Yep....

We have been back three weeks and I am still in agony from withdrawals. I'm hoping to take the kids in December for a short trip (Mr. PoomShanka adamantly does NOT want to go with us---what a freak :eyeroll:) because I will not be able to stand waiting until next year.

Walking down Main St. for the last time each trip kills me. I want to be strolling in the other direction and I am jealous of those who are. I always think "Do I peek back at the castle or will it make me feel worse??" My voice even quavers when I bid Disneyland farewell. YES I do indeed say it out loud, for those of you who are laughing at me!!! :p

candles71
09-09-2010, 01:04 PM
for those of you who are laughing at me!!! :p
This would not be any one here. We all are the same way.;) You are in the land of people who skip through the gates and up Main Street.;)

lola2009
09-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Yep withdrawls over here too. We were lucky this year and went April and the beginning of June then mid July. We won't be back til Oct but planning the next trip does help. The planning is half the fun :D

tinksmygirl
09-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Yes, we definitely experience PDD every time we leave DL. It seems to last about a month until we begin to think about the next trip! That seems to be the only cure.
We were there in Oct 2009 and did not plan to go back until May 2011 but then came MouseAdventure on DH's birthday (Oct 17) and we couldn't resist! We will still go next May as that is a big family trip so we will only have 7 months to wait after this trip:D:D

JennyN
09-09-2010, 04:30 PM
I always go to the wishing well beside the castle on the last day and throw a coin in and say a silent prayer that my DH, DD and myself will return together soon. The twice I have not remembered to do this I have always felt panic when I relise that I might have broken the spell. Inbetween trips I keep going by reading these chat sites and day dreaming. :D

DisneyFunFamily4
09-09-2010, 04:40 PM
And we miss you!!Thanks Mal!:)

Walking down Main St. for the last time each trip kills me. I want to be strolling in the other direction and I am jealous of those who are. I always think "Do I peek back at the castle or will it make me feel worse??" My voice even quavers when I bid Disneyland farewell. YES I do indeed say it out loud, for those of you who are laughing at me!!! :pOMGosh, I was literally in tears when we said goodbye to DL the last time (so much for keeping it together for the kids) DD10 said "mommy are you crying?" DD7 was crying with me.

mousecanuck
09-09-2010, 06:21 PM
I think if you don't experience PDD, you don't really belong on these boards! MP is for addicts...

We only get there sporadically. Aug 91, Dec 97, April 06, Dec 08 and now planning our trip to WDW for Mar 11. It will likely be a loooong stretch after this; this is our last big family trip as DD will hit college/university in two years and our 'vacation' schedules will be permanently messed up. And they all want to do Hawaii or Mexico. If I could, I'd let them go and I'd hit Disney by my lonesome, though that'd be really, really, REALLY weird...

tinkmlj
09-09-2010, 08:44 PM
My voice even quavers when I bid Disneyland farewell. YES I do indeed say it out loud, for those of you who are laughing at me!!! :p

I was just watching our Disneyland video from last Halloween a few days ago and it was funny because at the end I must have said "Goodbye Disneyland see you next year" about 15 times!

I always get choked up as I walk onto Main Street when we first get there, and I get choked up when we are leaving Main Street at the end of our trip!

The only was I can get over PDD is to start planning our next trip on the road trip home! :p

SigalTchelet
09-09-2010, 09:06 PM
It reminds me of Christmas night. When all the celbrating is done, you know you have to wait a whole year for it to come around again.

The anticipation and the event are amazing, but the end is soooo bitter sweet.

I have 8 days til my next trip and I have to figure out how to convince DH to upgrade out 2 day hoppers to am AP between now and then:(

Speaking of Christmas, since you are from Orangevale, do you live near Dovewood Court? I have not been in years Wonder if any of the homes are Disney Themed?

mkraemer
09-09-2010, 09:21 PM
I admit it, I'm spoiled (and lucky). We go to Disneyland several times per year. That's not a lot compared with some people on these boards who live closer to the park than we do, but I know it's a lot more than other people can manage.

I usually have most of our trips to DL in a year plotted out; for example, this year, it was 'a couple days at spring break,' 'tagging on a day when we're in town for another reason,' 'have to be there for the 55th anniversary,' 'Disneyland half marathon weekend,' and usually, there's an October and/or December visit.

But we don't have October or December on our schedule. Somehow, I always am more comfortable when I leave the park at the end of one trip, the next one is already booked. It's very disturbing to me to have the 'I don't know when I'm going back to Disneyland again worry hanging over me. And I've been home three whole days from my last visit...

cookie7762
09-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Speaking of Christmas, since you are from Orangevale, do you live near Dovewood Court? I have not been in years Wonder if any of the homes are Disney Themed?

My parents do, I we go every year. No Disney themes as of my last visit, but there is the Disney street in Rocklin that is like a block of Disney themed decorated houses. I haven't been in a couple years, but its pretty neat!

Disney Diva
09-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Yep both DH and I suffer from PDD :crying: but (like others here) remedy this by planning the next trip, which for us is every two years! :)

Although we haven't experienced WDW yet as DL is really much closer and takes less travel time from down here (Australia) we definitely plan to see "the World" in the near future. ;)

In the meantime, sure we feel a bit home sick for the parks (we were in DL last year, which seems like eons ago now) we are enjoying making plans for our next "Disney fix" in 2011 as part of the D23 Expo. Roll on 2011 :D

ALB2277
09-10-2010, 08:27 AM
i have not been sence 2006 going nov 1st to the 3rd wahooooooo:~D:D:):rolleyes:

SigalTchelet
09-10-2010, 10:34 AM
My parents do, I we go every year. No Disney themes as of my last visit, but there is the Disney street in Rocklin that is like a block of Disney themed decorated houses. I haven't been in a couple years, but its pretty neat!

I will have to look for that. I will have to see if my friend wants to shlep out to Rocklin.