PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! Balcony questions

smfaint
04-10-2003, 07:21 AM
I have some questions about the Balcony seating at Fantasmic! My friend and I are going to Disneyland in Sept and I was considering getting her (us) balcony seating for her birthday.

What are the chances that it will be available in September (the 6th to the 13th)? Would there be two shows on Fri/Sat and is balcony seating avail for both? How hard is it to get tickets -- I know about calling 30 days before, but does this work, or will the rest of the world be doing that as well?

What kind of variety is there in the desserts? She's allergic to many deserts, like cheesecake, anything with custard, and anything with mousse (basically, uncooked egg, creamcheese, sour cream). Is there a large slection of pastries, or some variety in the main desserts, like plainish chocolate cake, or just chocolate?

While I think she might really enjoy this, I don't want to torture her by putting her in front of all sorts of yummy things that will hamper her ability to breath.

Thanks for your help!

DigitalLizard
04-10-2003, 11:37 AM
I know folks who have gotten tickets the
day they arrived for that evening...

since you are travelling quite the distance
the 30 day thing is probably good to plan for...
as long as Fantasmic will be operational by
September! It looks like it is nearing completion!

I heard once what the dessert is... but I cannot
remember right off the top of my head...
you can probably ask when you call for tickets!

The view is pretty good from the balcony... but
honestly, for the price... it is JUST as good sitting right
by the water... yes you DO get a little wet...
but there are some trees off the balcony
that could stand a trimming for the best view!

Toady The Eighth
04-10-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by smfaint
I have some questions about the Balcony seating at Fantasmic! My friend and I are going to Disneyland in Sept and I was considering getting her (us) balcony seating for her birthday.

What are the chances that it will be available in September (the 6th to the 13th)? Would there be two shows on Fri/Sat and is balcony seating avail for both? How hard is it to get tickets -- I know about calling 30 days before, but does this work, or will the rest of the world be doing that as well?

What kind of variety is there in the desserts? She's allergic to many deserts, like cheesecake, anything with custard, and anything with mousse (basically, uncooked egg, creamcheese, sour cream). Is there a large slection of pastries, or some variety in the main desserts, like plainish chocolate cake, or just chocolate?

While I think she might really enjoy this, I don't want to torture her by putting her in front of all sorts of yummy things that will hamper her ability to breath.

Thanks for your help!

I'd say I like your chances as far as getting reservations in September- those dates are off-season, so you shouldn't have a problem so long as you do it in advance.

The last time I was up in the balcony, they had a chocolate cake with chocolate icing, as well as some fruit pastry type of things.. They change the menu often though, although knowing Disney, if you mention this allergy to them beforehand, they will probably be extra accommodating. :)

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-10-2003, 04:11 PM
They also have great fresh fruit on a stick! But, if you are going, and you pay the high price, GET THERE EARLY!!!!!, there are two rows on the balcony, and you would want the first.

carsoni
04-10-2003, 08:44 PM
I remember great chocolate dipped strawberries. Also, when we went (three years ago), there was a phone number you could call to make reservations in advance. It was really helpful to us since we couldn't get to the park at the crack of dawn (as was suggested) in order to get tickets. Plus, like you, we had a special occasion, so we wanted a "done deal". We got the phone number from mouseplanet.com, so perhaps someone here can help with that (or maybe you already have it).

In any event, you friend should have no problem finding good stuff to enjoy, and the SHOW is the main event!

PassionApathy385
04-10-2003, 08:45 PM
So, how much does this service cost?

winniepooh
04-10-2003, 11:00 PM
I think it is about 45 $ a head.

It is a lot of money, but to me it is worth it.

I hate being pushed around, and I am not the aggressive type. This usually means that I arrive in good time for the show, find a nice spot, only to find myself loosing the spot because of people standing so close to me that I am forced to moove or worming their way in front of me. :mad:

Toady The Eighth
04-11-2003, 10:27 AM
I think it's $47.00 per person. get there early! In my opinion, the back row isn't worth the $$$

Lani
04-11-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Toady The Eighth
I think it's $47.00 per person. get there early! In my opinion, the back row isn't worth the $$$ A couple of things to note: You can make reservations for the Fantasmic dessert buffet a month in advance. There are two types: The one in the Disney Gallery patio, and the other is not a buffet, and you sit near the water on the side (you get a dessert box instead).

Between the two, I would recommend the buffet.

It used to be that seating for the dessert buffet was based strictly on when you made your purchase, back in the days when you had to show up at 5:00a.m. to wait for the guest services window to open, like Alex did once. Now that you can reserve a spot so far in advance, they have set up a stanchion queue in the inside garden area in the Disney Gallery, and where you sit is now based on how early you get to this queue.

As for the back row not being worth it, I've ended up standing when I've been in the back row, and that's been fine. Obviously sitting right in front of the balcony railing is preferred, but I wouldn't say it wasn't worth the money.

Toady The Eighth
04-11-2003, 10:57 AM
As for the back row not being worth it, I've ended up standing when I've been in the back row, and that's been fine. Obviously sitting right in front of the balcony railing is preferred, but I wouldn't say it wasn't worth the money.

Where as I'd rather sit for free, then pay $47.00 to stand up to watch Fantasmic.

Sheila
04-11-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Toady The Eighth
Where as I'd rather sit for free, then pay $47.00 to stand up to watch Fantasmic.

Yeah, I'm pretty much there with you on that one.

However.... In order to get a good seat for Fantasmic in the general seating area, you've got to show up around 5-6 p.m. and stake a place. Sitting around for three hours is somewhat tedious and I certainly wouldn't recommend for parents with young kids in tow.

The balcony is a special-treat kind of thing for me. Fun, but I wouldn't want to do it more than once a year at the most.

Sheila

Toady The Eighth
04-11-2003, 01:06 PM
Oh, I agree Sheila.. The balcony is definetly worth it for every once in a while.. but not when you have to stand. :D

Smfaint, just make sure you get there early!

Oh- and Happy Birthday Sheila!!:)

Sheila
04-11-2003, 01:50 PM
Thank you, Shannon! :)

Sheila