PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER AP question

Rallymonkey23
04-09-2003, 11:47 PM
I know, I know. I should know this. But I have to ask just to make sure.

A couple of friends of ours came into town a few weeks ago to go to Disneyland with us. They are not AP holders BUT was wanting to upgrade their passes before leaving the resort.

Well, an emergency phone call was recieved before they had a chance to upgrade their tickets to AP's. Our friends mom got into a car accident and they had to leave. They gave me their tickets with hopes that City Hall would be able to help with the situation. I explained to the Cm the situation and they had no problem with it. They wrote our friends name on a card and attached their tickets to them and told me that when they came back to upgrade, the AP's would be backdated to the date of when the tickets were used. Now I just got a phone call from our friends that want to upgrade their tickets into AP's on Saturday. The only problem is, they only want So. Cal AP's.

Are they able to upgrade their ticket to So. Cal AP's on a So Cal blackout date? Much thanks in advance. :)

hefferdude
04-10-2003, 07:01 AM
Had a similar situation with a good outcome :) .

We brought a guest ( who is Air Force ) who had a 5 for 3 ticket.
We had used two days and had to leave due to change in plans.
The media was due to expire in two weeks. I had planned to upgrade the ticket but did not have time. I called ticketing services and talked with a very nice CM who took the guests name and asked appox date when we would return.

Upon our return to DLR, they not only allowed the upgrade, they honored one of the remaining days as it was a So. Cal. blockout day.:) Thats class!

I don't know which media you may have. You most likely can upgrade at guest services but to use a So Cal on a Saturday
I would suggest you ask ticketing directly. Lotsa sugar always helps! Luck!

tabacco
04-10-2003, 08:21 AM
You can upgrade to a Socal pass whenever you want, as long as the ticket you're upgrading from costs *less* than $105. You can't downgrade a ticket to a cheaper AP.

Also, as for the blockout day thing, the day you first get your pass, you can always get into the park whether it's a blockout day or not. That's to allow guests to get their passes processed the day they buy them.

Rallymonkey23
04-10-2003, 09:13 AM
Great! Thanks for the info you two. :)

Rallymonkey23
04-10-2003, 04:03 PM
SHOOT! I JUST thought of a problem we might run into. Will my friend be able to parkhop?

Toady The Eighth
04-10-2003, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure if So Cal is the same as mine, but with a deluxe pass, if you pay the $20 some odd dollars to get into the park on a blockout date, you can park hop. :)

tabacco
04-10-2003, 11:19 PM
If you use the loophole I mentioned (where you can get in the day you buy the pass, blocked or not), then yeah they can parkhop.