PDA

View Full Version : California Country Bears

Pages : [1] 2

averagecuppajoe
09-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I read on Wikipedia that there are rumours The Country Bear Jamboree will re-open in Disney California Adventure. Has anyone heard anything solid on this possibity. Would love to see them again.

JerrodDRagon
09-04-2010, 02:58 PM
I dont see why not there is enough room to add them near Grizzly Mountain maybe even just get rid of the small San Fran area and put it there.

Drince88
09-04-2010, 05:26 PM
I think I recall that rumor for eons ago, around when the Country Bear movie came out.

Imaginears
09-07-2010, 12:10 PM
I kinda like the san Fran area. What about getting rid of the Brother bear area. I just find those climbing things a waste of time and energy. I guess the kids like them, but I have honestly only seen the place empty when I've gone. A Country bear comback with a new show would be a lot of fun!!!:D

IllusionOfLife
09-07-2010, 12:36 PM
I know I'm going to be unpopular for this, but I have to vote no. We took a trip to Disney World last year and I was able to revisit the Country Bears, but after the initial nostalgia wore off I saw a show that was charming but tragically out of date. I appreciate the show for what it once was, and for the creativity and craftsmanship, but it's by no means a timeless classic.

Now don't get me wrong, if the attraction had never been removed, I would be more than happy to let it stay. It's a fine attraction by all means, and Disneyland has a much larger audience who will appreciate the nostalgia than Disney World does, however, it has been removed and I think it would be a waste of time and resources to reintroduce an out dated attraction like that. I'd much rather see Disney take that money and use it to develop a new experience, something that no one has ever seen before rather than use money and space to drag an old attraction out of the past.

Disney has always been about innovation and moving forward, and to me, bringing back the Country Bears would just be a cop-out.

The old man
09-07-2010, 12:41 PM
California Country Bears?

Disneylanding
09-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Where's the poll option to knock out Winnie the Pooh and put Country Bears back in it's original spot? :D

Alex S.
09-07-2010, 02:12 PM
I'd be interested if something completely new involving the Country Bears were considered but anything that would essentially be redoing the old Country Bear Jamboree would not be of any interest to me.

But that's always my response to calls for retired attractions/shows to return. Regardless of how good or missed that thing was I prefer to see Disney trying to do new things even if they fail a fair portion of the time.

stan4d_steph
09-07-2010, 03:14 PM
No thank you.

DwarfPlanet
09-08-2010, 11:37 AM
I'd be interested if something completely new involving the Country Bears were considered but anything that would essentially be redoing the old Country Bear Jamboree would not be of any interest to me.

But that's always my response to calls for retired attractions/shows to return. Regardless of how good or missed that thing was I prefer to see Disney trying to do new things even if they fail a fair portion of the time.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Country Bears comeback if they were rejuvenated. As for retired attractions coming back I believe good ones or ones that were before their time that can be done today should be worth a thought. Such as Luigis Tires (name?) thats going into the new DCA Carsland looks remarkably like the Flying Saucers of Disneyland in the 60's. Didn't get to ride that back then and am looking forward to seeing it with technology catching up to the idea.

danyoung
09-08-2010, 11:48 AM
As others have said above, if a new show or some new type of presentation featuring the bears would be built, I'd be all for that. But bringing the same show back? Not gonna happen, and I'm not interested in seeing it (even though I voted YES on the poll).

carolinakid
09-08-2010, 12:11 PM
I like the Country Bear Jamboree (I even had the soundtrack album back in the day!), but I'm happy to have it remain in WDW just as I'm content to have Mr Toad only at DL. I hate when the parks duplicate eveything! (Although I wish WDW would get the classic Tiki Birds Show back!)

Imaginears
09-08-2010, 01:46 PM

I maybe wrong but I Think that whenever the return of a classic attraction is called for, the need for it to be somewhat reimagined and improved upon is implicit. At least that's the case for me whenever I support a return of a past attraction, ie the People Mover!!!

Gandalf
09-08-2010, 07:57 PM
We always enjoyed when the CBJ were up and running in Splash Mtn area. We have missed the Holiday version the most. As others have said, we hope there's a way for the Country Bears to resurface. I think some version of the Bears would fit in nicely over by the Trail area in DCA. Maybe tweaked a bit though. Their shows (for our family) were along the lines of the TIKI ROOM and SMALL WORLD ~ a unique musical treat. Not every attraction needs to be "shock and awe" Heck, there's a line for a tortilla demo/viewing. Disney could even do something interactive with them (Turtle Talk, Stitch). It would be a nice addition to see the Bears walking around with their Holiday gear.

TowerofTerror
09-08-2010, 08:17 PM
I wish they were still there instead of the winnie the pooh ride

JerrodDRagon
09-08-2010, 10:17 PM
We always enjoyed when the CBJ were up and running in Splash Mtn area. We have missed the Holiday version the most. As others have said, we hope there's a way for the Country Bears to resurface. I think some version of the Bears would fit in nicely over by the Trail area in DCA. Maybe tweaked a bit though. Their shows (for our family) were along the lines of the TIKI ROOM and SMALL WORLD ~ a unique musical treat. Not every attraction needs to be "shock and awe" Heck, there's a line for a tortilla demo/viewing. Disney could even do something interactive with them (Turtle Talk, Stitch). It would be a nice addition to see the Bears walking around with their Holiday gear.

Any attraction that can have a Holiday overlay (thats good) to me is like having two attractions...I mean the whole reason for the DL Resort right now is to get more people to have to com 2-3 times a year so they need more shows/rides that can get overlays for different holidays.

bigrockstar
09-10-2010, 02:18 PM
I love the old attractions. My dad and I would go and sing along again and again. I wish it never went away in the first place, but now that the damage is done...

They have it in Florida. Good enough for me.

Don't bother with a "new experience" with the bears. The movie more or less flopped (3.8/10 on IMDB... ouch!). I would rather see the money go to making DL classic attractions better (new paint, new lighting, new effects) while maintaining the integrity of their collective storied past.

candles71
09-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Where's the poll option to knock out Winnie the Pooh and put Country Bears back in it's original spot? :D

Did we ever find out for sure if the second Theatre is back there behind Pooh? Would a new show be able to go in that space without taking out Pooh? (We like Pooh) I know Country Bears was there, but I don't remember if I ever saw it.

danyoung
09-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Someone posted right away when that rumor came up, quoting a CM who works in that area saying that there's no way the 2nd theater is there anywhere.

candles71
09-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Someone posted right away when that rumor came up, quoting a CM who works in that area saying that there's no way the 2nd theater is there anywhere.

I must have missed that post. Thanks Dan

averagecuppajoe
09-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Considering that in the new(est) Tommorowland makeover, the "People Mover" is coming back (YEAHH!!) and a Cars Land version of the old beloved Saucers (supposedly the most requested retired ride), it seems as though bringing back an old favorite isn't out of the question.

Reportedly, the returning attraction would be over by "Grizzly Rapids". That makes great sense. Especially in the summer on a hot day.

No one mentioned the fact that the Country Bears like the "People Mover" was great in the fact you could relax and take a load off. It's also nice to have these rides in the inclimate weather. When it rains, all you want is the dark rides or shows.

Isn't the "Little Mermaid" attraction installed due to the positive response over the dvd version of the never-built ride that was to be?

averagecuppajoe
09-15-2010, 11:51 AM
BTW, the movie was incredibly dumb. Worst marketing ploy ever! Take the ride out that the movie is based on, just before the movie is released. What idiot made that decision?

Drince88
09-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Considering that in the new(est) Tommorowland makeover, the "People Mover" is coming back (YEAHH!!)
I'm not 100% up on my DL news - but where did you hear that?

I heard they were changing the NAME (http://www.mouseplanet.com/9347/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update#peoplemover)of the Tomorrowland Transit Authority IN FLORIDA to the Tommorowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, but I've not heard anything about the Disneyland attraction reopening.

danyoung
09-15-2010, 05:19 PM
There are always rumors floating around, people seeing engineers up on the track and looking around, etc. But as far as I know there has been absolutely no mention anywhere about the People Mover coming back to DL, other than a vague mention in a recent George Kalogradis speech.

averagecuppajoe
09-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Sometimes I roam all over the net finding things (little bits of info). I don't remember where I read it but I'll see if I can find it. Some things I get from Wikipedia. Keeping in mind that anyone can write but verification is needed to confirm. Of course MousePlanet is the best source I've found.

I read that the "People Mover" is being reintroduced to Tomorrowland along with the new version of "Star Tours", which has been gutted for a new ride/retrofit of the old version. The ride will be completely different while somewhat being in keeping of the former one.

This is timed for a new Tomorrowland makeover which should happen (open) around the same time as the arrival of the new "Star Tours".

I was excited to read this because I was worried with all the money (reportedly 1.3 billion) being spent at DCA, DL would suffer. Seems as though that isn't the case.

HK Disney is in a multi phase extension that will lead to the tiny park increasing it's size by a third when finished in 2014.

Disneyland Paris has just added "Toy Story Land", including 3 new attractions to it's second park, (which was in dire need of something else. Its' second park opened up in the nineties with scathing reviews. The reviews were actually much worse than DCA.

DCA which is now my kids favorite park and we quite enjoy now, was a flop when it opened. No kids rides. Small and very few attractions. it felt cheaply built and the public noticed and voiced their displeasure. Glad it's finally coming into it's own.)

So Disney is building. All reports seem to indicate Shanghaii Disneyland is still going forward.