PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Kitchen?

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-09-2003, 06:05 PM
I have never been there :( , what is it like?? is it worth the trip over, even if your not staying there? and what food do they serve?

Thanks,
John

ESS Heckler
04-09-2003, 07:10 PM
We've only been there for breakfast, and we weren't disappointed. It's a great way for the kids to see the characters before you get to the park - which is the only reason my kids went when they were young. It was easier to enjoy the rest of the park without being hounded to hunt down Goofy or Pluto and then suffer through the mob scene they always generate. I think it's a wonderful way to start your day. It's more expensive than 'non-character' options, but hey - you're there for the kids - right???

tod
04-10-2003, 06:27 AM
The food is adequate, with some nice entree selections for grown-ups (salmon with mango relish, prime rib), kids' favorites (Mickey-shaped chicken nuggets, hot dogs), and things both generations can enjoy (do-it-yourself tacos, salad bar). The character interactions are teriffic: My autistic son enjoys meeting the princesses, and we all like chatting with and interacting with the costume characters.

OTOH, it is not cheap (the dinner check for the four of us could have fed a Cambodian village for a week, if the charity ads on late-night cable are accurate) and should be saved for splurge or once-in-a-lifetime occasions.

--T

stinkerbell
04-10-2003, 08:29 AM
I'm a huge fan of Goofy's Kitchen. We go for breakfast on each trip. There are several other threads on page one or two that give a good description of the food offerings right now. A lot of people have been asking about it.

Here's my take: I think it's an excellent buffet. The quality of the food is pretty high. The roast beef is wonderful, have never had a bad cut. The made-to-order omelettes are great, and I always have the salmon and asparagus, the breakfast enchiladas are tasty, and so is the chicken dish. I spend most of my time in this area.....while my kids are eating the Mickey-shaped food~~waffles, pancakes and chicken nuggets. They swear by the warm goopy syrup. The fresh fruit is plentiful and the assortment of meats and cheeses and veggies to make sandwiches is very nice. This is where my husband spends his time.

We all spend much time making ice cream sundaes we can't possibly finish......last time Courtney even saved enough room to make the most fantastic-looking banana split! That was a blast. And so yummy! The dessert bar is excellent, everyone I know who has been there adores Goofy's Cake. I dig the rice krispy treats with all the goodies, myself. They could us a good cheesecake, but that's just my opinion.

The characters are friendly, and if you are there long enough, you usually get two rotations from them. They come to the table, pose, sit with you, sign autographs, embarrass us, play with the kids, and The Mad Hatter has made our day on more than one occasion while we're there. Really funny and obnoxious. They bust out into the macarena at several points and that's fun to watch the kids get involved.

We had our daughter's fifth birthday party there once and vowed to make sure that each time our children turn five, we celebrate there. SO, our second oldest is five next week and we are THERE! :) We have been other times as well, but the birthday thing is just so cute and the kids feel truly special.

Also, I recommend a breakfast meal there. It's cheaper and exactly the same food. Once when it was just me and one of my daughters on a trip, we ate there once for breakfast and just had to head back for a late dinner, the same day!!! SO fun!!! SO FULL!!! :D

04-10-2003, 08:46 AM
First off, Goofy's Kitchen is worth it if you have little ones with you.
We were there four years ago. It was one of the absolute highlights of our trip.

Our kids (8 and 5 at the time) hardly ate. It wasn't the food, which was completely acceptable (although overpriced, of course) and very kid-friendly. Heck, even our grumpy grandpa found stuff he loved. No, the kids hardly ate because they were so excited and happy to see Chip'n'Dale, at the time favorites because of the Disney Channel cartoon series where they owned an airplane.

jslivinski
04-10-2003, 09:14 AM
Goofy's Kitchen has been a popular subject lately. We normally go for dinner and wouldn't miss it. Below are links to recent discussions on Goofy's Kitchen.

Goofy's Kitchen Lunch vs. Breakfast (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15109&highlight=Kitchen)

Character breakfast or Fantasmic! balcony? (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15145&highlight=Breakfast)

Character breakfast (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14988&highlight=Breakfast)

Character Breakfast (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14527&highlight=Breakfast)

stinkerbell
04-10-2003, 10:23 AM
:D Thank you, Julie!!! :D

You are so less lazy than me...... I would rather just rewrite and rewrite and rewrite.....my same review of Goofy's than post links. :D Thanks to your handiwork, I now have a clearinghouse of my Goofy's reviews to copy and paste into new Goofy's threads.....

QueenofHearts
04-10-2003, 11:00 AM
I just made reservations and it is open for brunch from 7:00 (or was it 8:00?) through 2:00... so there was no separate lunch or breakfast seating. This is on a Saturday, I'm not sure if day of the week make any difference.