PDA

View Full Version : First trip to DL

wdwfamily
04-09-2003, 05:43 PM
My family will be going to DL for a week in May, staying at the Disneyland Hotel. DH is a WDW cast member and I was wondering if ya'll would know what discounts are available for him at DL? We'll be using his Silver Maingate Pass for entrance to the park. Also, does anyone have an opinion on what rides we could skip if pressed for time, ones that we have in our own "backyard" that are not too different at DL? Finally, is the Goofy's Kitchen character buffet the best one for us? (DD is 3 and is princess crazy and DS is 16 months.) Any other opinions on a first time trip to California welcome! Thank you so much.

dsnylndmom
04-09-2003, 06:11 PM
I just wanted to say don't skip rides "just 'cause you have them at WDW" I know that Pirates and Space are for sure alot different than WDW(it's been almost 12 years since I was at WDW so someone help me out with the rest! LOL)

I can't help with the other stuff I just wanted to say that! <B>

Matterhorn Fan
04-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Yeah, a lot of the rides that are "duplicates" are a little different. There are a few that are exactly the same: HISTA, Star Tours, Muppet*Vision, Dumbo, Teacups (well, the paint job is different, and DL doesn't have a canopy), you get the idea.

Honestly, though--you say you're going for a week. You'll have time to do everything. Probably twice. :D (Well, unless you were planning to hit some other SoCal attractions.)

ESS Heckler
04-09-2003, 07:04 PM
I don't think there are any Princesses at Goofy's - but plenty of other characters. Plaza Inn has the Winnie the Pooh Crew. Both are worth while, particularly for tykes the ages yours are.

There used to be a Princess Breakfast - anybody know what happened to that?

ESS Heckler
04-09-2003, 07:05 PM
Oh - and welcome to 'our park' ;)
We hope you have a great time!!

tabacco
04-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by kimkinney
I don't think there are any Princesses at Goofy's - but plenty of other characters. Plaza Inn has the Winnie the Pooh Crew. Both are worth while, particularly for tykes the ages yours are.

I've seen Belle at Goofy's during Dinner. That was this August, I think. Haven't been back since. Even at 20% off it's a little too much for me :)