PDA

View Full Version : Playhouse Disney previews

melrose2000
04-09-2003, 12:08 PM
What were they like?

Wizard69
04-09-2003, 01:29 PM
I thought it was cute. It was very similar to the touring one which was in the malls except that the touring one was more like an ad to watch Playhouse Disney where as this one had a storyline.

AlanaP
04-09-2003, 02:30 PM
I really liked it..so did my 2 year old. I will be happy when the hoopla is over, and the lines wane a bit so it can be a regular stop for us.
VERY good attraction for the kiddies!!

melrose2000
04-09-2003, 05:27 PM
How long did you wait?

lisap
04-09-2003, 09:19 PM
We waited an hour in the partial sun for good (floor) seats Wednesday at three thirty--we got into line right after the two thirty show was seated. The show was great--moved very fast--and the girls loved it.

I was very impressed with the organization of the event--I was expecting total mayhem at both Playhouse and Pooh, but all was calm, people were very polite and patient, and all ran according to schedule.

Be prepared to sit on the ground, parents--the benches that line that back of the theatre were totally taken by SAPs and grandparents ;). It's only a half hour show, so for most people it's do-able.

Wizard69
04-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Waited 30 mins for the 10:30 show on the 8th (only because the park just opened at 10:00)

QueenofHearts
04-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Which characters are in the show? Is it based on one TV show or many?
Thanks!

HowardBeale
04-10-2003, 09:27 AM
A storyline? Really? Not that I saw.

It was a big story book -- and when the pages turned, 'live' versions of the Playhouse Disney shows appeared for a 4 minutes little show.

And in case we missed the tie-in, the 'face character' Jamie, says 'And be sure to see all your friends at Playhouse Disney on the Disney Channel'

You say it was similar to a traveling mall show? Yes that makes sense, but does it need to be in a Disney theme park???

Wizard69
04-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Ok so it kinda had a storyline to it. I don't wanna spoil it for people who haven't seen it but it had to do with Tutter.

Yes I did hear the tie in at the end.

They had a Playhouse Disney Live that toured the malls a few years ago which was sorta similar to PHD Live on Stage.