PDA

View Full Version : Award Wieners is now serving corn dogs

AVP
08-30-2010, 07:44 PM
The pending loss of the Bountiful Valley Farms location had some people wondering where they could get their corn dog fix without trekking over to Disneyland. The Disneyland Gazette (http://disneylandgazette.com/news/2010/08/28/photo-report-august-27th-2010---first-signs-of-halloween-vidia-at-pixie-hollow-dca-construction.html) posted a photo of Award Wieners today, and according to a sticker in their window, they are now serving corn dogs.

I'd heard that they had removed the fryers from Award Wieners (which is why the location stopped serving french fries), so this is a curious development. I don't know if my original info was wrong, if they have added fryers just so they could serve corn dogs, or.... (I don't even want to know what option C is).

AVP

lulubelle
08-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Interesting news. Thanks, AVP.
I love the DLR corndogs. :)

currence
08-30-2010, 10:55 PM
They seemed the most logical location to serve corn dogs. Though a lack of fryers could seem problematic. I wondered why they weren't chosen originally and assumed that long lines might have been a factor since that location wasn't designed to accommodate many people. The extra seating they stole repurposed from Muppets 3D hopefully eliminated some of the seating problems that may develop with an influx of corn-dog lovers.

Andrew
08-31-2010, 07:06 AM
I'll ask though I am already 99% sure of the answer: same all-beef dogs? No chicken or turkey dogs?

AVP
08-31-2010, 08:19 AM
I'll ask though I am already 99% sure of the answer: same all-beef dogs? No chicken or turkey dogs?I don't know, but I'll check next time I'm in there.

AVP

bennette
08-31-2010, 08:20 AM
I'll ask though I am already 99% sure of the answer: same all-beef dogs? No chicken or turkey dogs?

Unless they've changed them back, the ones at the Wagon and BF haven't been all beef for a while; they are a beef/chicken blend. (This was a subtle change, as in "unannounced!")

Doesn't help you though.

JerrodDRagon
08-31-2010, 08:27 AM
Good to hear you can get them somewhere in DCA

Newbalance87
09-03-2010, 01:22 PM
I ordered a corndog last Saturday thinking it would be comparable to the Disneyland Corn Dog Cart, but when I got it, the even golden crisp that I usually get on the Disneyland side wasn't there and part of it was burnt. I asked if they could give me another that wasn't burnt and they did, but with the same result. They said that's how they make them and I kindly asked for a refund, which they honored (I felt bad because they tossed the two corndogs in the trash). My mentality going in was the corndogs would be the same between both sides (hence, not having to go back to Disneyland to get my corndog fix), but turns out the way the dog is dipped and fried is not consistent. Perhaps the kitchens should adopt the Hot-Dog-On-A-Stick approach with the two dips, a swirl and straight into the fryer. Maybe I just hyped up my expectations for a let down, but I'm sure others have had similiar experiences...

Alex S.
09-03-2010, 02:11 PM
(I don't even want to know what option C is).

Well, I've had funnel cake at Epcot from a location with no fryers. And my local gas station sells corn dogs without fryers so that would be the most logical Option C.