PDA

View Full Version : Pooh Ad

Morrigoon
04-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Saw a billboard along the 101S just north of Highland (right between the Valley and the LA Basin). It was on the left hand side

LSPoorEeyorick
04-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Is that the Disney-owned billboard near the Barham exit?

I've been seeing more TV promos than I expected, especially after the hustle and bustle about nixing publicity for the ride. It was on every fifteen minutes or so between 6 and 8.

cstephens
04-09-2003, 12:08 PM
I've seen the TV ad and thought it was ok. I really like the radio ad, though I want to know why Pooh is allowed in the castle when we're not...

Sheila
04-09-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
I've seen the TV ad and thought it was ok. I really like the radio ad, though I want to know why Pooh is allowed in the castle when we're not...

That's probably because DL has a lot of feral cats and mice in there....

I'm sorry. I promised myself that I wouldn't do any Pooh jokes, but I just couldn't help myself.

Sheila

Mukta
04-09-2003, 02:34 PM
I saw the Pooh television ad yesterday. Although the voice-over said "Open now", the screen still reads 'Opens April 11th'.

MonorailMan
04-09-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Mukta
I saw the Pooh television ad yesterday. Although the voice-over said "Open now", the screen still reads 'Opens April 11th'.

The commercial (in my opinion), shows the lack of time/quality of the ride. Now only the riding through section, but the fact that 1/2 the commercial, didn't show the ride at all. But, did provide a cute story. :)

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-09-2003, 05:55 PM
I dont even remember them showing the ride in the ad, all I remember is a stupid reply by pooh at the end :)

merlinjones
04-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Funny enough, my non-Disnoid roomate first reacted to my Pooh complaints by asking "Isn't it designed for kids?" - - but when he saw the commercial, he went "Omigod! That's horrible... how cheap! I thought you were exaggerating!" Then we just shook our heads sadly.

Rallymonkey23
04-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Then we just shook our heads sadly.

Im ROTL right now cause thats what my daughter did to me after getting off the ride. Shes ONLY 5 folks. Needless to say, she wanted to go on Splash Mountain right after the ride and said she didnt like the Pooh ride cause she dont like the "wind" messing up her hair. :D I guess she didnt notice her hair drenching wet after getting off Splash. :D

Back on subject. After we got home. We saw the commercial. All I could think about was the Country Bears. I miss them even more after the Pooh ride. :crying:

merlinjones
04-10-2003, 06:54 AM
>>Back on subject. After we got home. We saw the commercial. All I could think about was the Country
Bears. I miss them even more after the Pooh ride.<<

Sometimes we don't fully appeciate what we've had until we've lost it.