PDA

View Full Version : Comfort Inn and Suites on Katella

Toady The Eighth
04-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Hi Everyone!

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Any information you can give me would be appreciated. I am particularly interested in cleanliness, shuttle frequency, (is it walking distance?) pool and hot tub, what the breakfast is like, and what restaurants/shops are nearby.

Thank you! :)

MammaSilva
04-08-2003, 04:10 PM
Toady, since you have AAA TRAVEL agent as your title, I have to wonder..... have you bothered to check out the hotel reviews on the main page? If you're looking for a more 'personal' review so you can make recommendations to your clients as opposed to checking the stars your company gives each establishment that would be a good place to start your research IMHO.

Toady The Eighth
04-09-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva
Toady, since you have AAA TRAVEL agent as your title, I have to wonder..... have you bothered to check out the hotel reviews on the main page? If you're looking for a more 'personal' review so you can make recommendations to your clients as opposed to checking the stars your company gives each establishment that would be a good place to start your research IMHO.

Mammasilva-

I am an AAA Travel Agent, but that does not mean that I claim to know everything about every hotel. I am well aware of the three diamond rating that AAA has given this establishment, and I have also looked at the Hotel Review Section. There were two reviews, both a couple of years old.

My intent was to see if anyone had stayed there recently, as I would like a personal opinion on the hotel's staff, service, and what the overall opinion is of the hotel. And not for my clients, for myself, as I am looking for a cheap place to stay for the last three nights of my upcoming trip.

We all have the ability to find out how many diamonds AAA has given a property. That doesn't mean that we can't ask for personal opinions and experience.

A three diamond AAA rating is a very broad thing, as you would see, if you were to stay at say, The Disneyland Hotel, versus the BW Anaheim Inn. Both are three diamonds, but are worlds apart at the same time.

jamsandwich
04-09-2003, 10:33 AM
Travelocity.com has customer reviews of properties... but like all online reviews, I'd take them with a grain of salt. I've copied and pasted the Comfort Inn's reviews here (the link is long and crazy, and I'm not sure it'll work for other users)

[Moderator's note: Copied and pasted review from Travelocity removed to comply with user agreement prohibiting the posting of copyrighted material. -- Lani]

-J

PARK_HOPPER
04-09-2003, 10:41 PM
Not to be condescending to the AAA Travel Agent, but there is probably a good reason why Disney doesn't include this property as one of it's Good Neighbor Hotels, like so many others that can be booked with AAA Disneyland Vacation Packages.

Yet again, the Anaheim Ramada on Katella is inlcuded this year as an Economy Good Neighbor Hotel hotel. So far, so good at the Ramada, but we're only 3 months into the year!

You really don't hear too much about the Comfort Inn, it rarely comes-up in discussions. With all the new hotels that have opened recently, especially with the 4th night free offer at select Good Neighbor Hotels, you could possibly offer your client a better property at a lower price.

If the hotel is truly a "home-run", you may want to speak to your Disney District Sales Manager about including the property as a Good Neighbor Hotel for 2004.

You need to hurry, because Disney is putting the finishing touches on the 2004 product.

jamsandwich
04-10-2003, 06:18 AM
Oops... apologies on the terms of service screwup on my end.

Anyhow, if you haven't seen the reviews already (and you want to), best bet is to do a hotel search on Travelocity... it worked best for me searching by property address. Otherwise you'll end up with a giant list, filled with hotels you're not interested in learning about.

The average rating was a four, I believe -- two people rated it 5/5 and one person 1/5, apparently because they wanted to overcharge him for a call to AOL.

-J

Toady The Eighth
04-10-2003, 08:00 AM
You really don't hear too much about the Comfort Inn, it rarely comes-up in discussions. With all the new hotels that have opened recently, especially with the 4th night free offer at select Good Neighbor Hotels, you could possibly offer your client a better property at a lower price.

First of all, I am aware of the fourth night free at many Good Neighbor hotels, and I only put clients in NICE good neighbor hotels, that I have stayed in personally and know are nice (I have stayed in most) unless they ask me to put them somewhere else, or don't want a package.

Again, I am not looking at this hotel for a client. It is by far the cheapest available property for the last three days of my upcoming trip. I am hesitant about staying here, for the same reasons you all suggested- I have never heard anything about it. But it is rated three diamonds by AAA, the old Mouseplanet reviews are not at all bad, and they are giving me an amazing rate for my stay.

I just wanted to make sure nobody had had a horrible experience there.

Jamsandwich, thank you very much for all your help.. I checked out the reviews you told me to, and they were very helpful.:)

Not to be condescending to the AAA Travel Agent, but there is probably a good reason why Disney doesn't include this property as one of it's Good Neighbor Hotels, like so many others that can be booked with AAA Disneyland Vacation Packages.

FYI, There are many, MANY very nice properties in the Disneyland area that are not good neighbor hotels.

DigitalLizard
04-10-2003, 11:19 AM
haven't stayed there but
we did stay at the Ramada north of Ball on Harbor
a few years back, they were pleasant...

but thru expedia we just stayed at the Ramada Inn
at 1331 E. Katella for $55 a nite and the hotel was nice,
clean and friendly - they even have computers you can
use in the lobby at the "business center" for a
small fee!

we drove so we didn't use the shuttle on this trip,
but the previous trip we did use the shuttle... getting
to the park was ok, but shuttles broke down during
the day, so getting back to the hotel after the long
day was difficult...

AVP
04-10-2003, 11:53 AM
To avoid confusion:

Many of the Disneyland-area hotels have played musical names in the past few months.

The former Days Inn Park South at 2171 South Harbor Blvd is now the Comfort Inn Maingate. They are a MousePlanet sponsor hotel, and have a 5-planet rating in our reader review system.

The Comfort Inn and Suites at 300 East Katella Way has not yet been reviewed by our readers in the new system.

AVP

Toady The Eighth
04-10-2003, 12:25 PM
AVP- I noticed that too... I read reviews from the old Mouseplanet Hotel Review section..

I'll be sure to write up the Comfort Inn and Suites in the new system when I get back.

jamsandwich
04-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Glad I could help, Toady. The Internet is a great tool for a lot of research, but I have to say I was a little disappointed in the amount of available hotel information when we were booking our trip (which comes later this month - woohoo!).

So I'm very happy to share any resources I managed to come across in my search.

-J

Toady The Eighth
04-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by jamsandwich
Glad I could help, Toady. The Internet is a great tool for a lot of research, but I have to say I was a little disappointed in the amount of available hotel information when we were booking our trip (which comes later this month - woohoo!).

So I'm very happy to share any resources I managed to come across in my search.

-J

No kidding.. Every hotel website has the same, generic information.. Sites like this that have personal reviews are far more valuable, and truthful, I've found.

Thank you again!