PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's Down for the count [Fantasmic Dragon]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

ChrisGlass
08-29-2010, 01:06 AM
I was on the other side of the park at the time, but...
this was a MAJOR screw up.

I guess she fell over and disconnected from the base. They were running the mist screens at full blast for 2 hours to try to... hide it? It kind of just made it more noticeable. Made for good pictures, though.

SigalTchelet
08-29-2010, 03:43 AM
I was on the other side of the park at the time, but...
this was a MAJOR screw up.

I guess she fell over and disconnected from the base. They were running the mist screens at full blast for 2 hours to try to... hide it? It kind of just made it more noticeable. Made for good pictures, though.

What are you talking about?

olegc
08-29-2010, 06:27 AM
What are you talking about?

The dragon from Fantasmic collapsed forward last night during the 1st performance of Fantasmic. According to tweets from AVP and Mouseplanet the technicians were trying like crazy to get something fixed and have her fixed but they could not so other shows were cancelled. I think that dragon was installed with a crane - so to move it would be a major feat. Could it be the return of the walls?

Vegitabeta
08-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Are there any photos?

SigalTchelet
08-29-2010, 08:41 AM
The dragon from Fantasmic collapsed forward last night during the 1st performance of Fantasmic. According to tweets from AVP and Mouseplanet the technicians were trying like crazy to get something fixed and have her fixed but they could not so other shows were cancelled. I think that dragon was installed with a crane - so to move it would be a major feat. Could it be the return of the walls?

Okay. Thanks That is a bummer! I hope they can fix it quickly. I was hoping to see it on October 16th.

AVP
08-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Are there any photos?It was very dark, the show lights were turned off and they ran the mist screens at full blast to hide her from the crowd. I've seen some photos, but you really can't see anything but a silhouette of the dragon.

AVP

LLevy
08-29-2010, 10:00 AM
from a friends tweet: still trying to get more details

"Holy crap! The dragon just broke and just about fell on it's face during the fantasmic show! Totally crazy!
The dragon inflated then fell over. A handler jumped out and pulled mickey off stage. There was no fire breathing and then they brought the lights up."

LL

jsilkey
08-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Hopefully no one was injured?

moofeet
08-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Geeze, can't a Dragon even fall down anymore without someone taking a picture and wanting to post it all over the internet? ;)

stan4d_steph
08-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Man, that sucks. I was hoping to get to see it over Labor Day weekend. Guess I won't get the chance now.

LaserKitty
08-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Geeze, can't a Dragon even fall down anymore without someone taking a picture and wanting to post it all over the internet? ;)

Haha! :D

potzbie
08-29-2010, 11:29 AM

Headline #1:
DRUNK FALLS DOWN IN QUEUE AT TOWER OF TERROR in DCA - ALCOHOL IMPLICATED

Headline #2:
DRAGON FALLS DOWN DURING FANTASMIC PERFORMANCE - ALCOHOL IMPLICATED

A coincidence?
I think not! ;)

jsilkey
08-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Have they released any info as to how long it might be out of commission? I am wondering about people who have F! packages booked.

disney42dude
08-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Headline #1:
DRUNK FALLS DOWN IN QUEUE AT TOWER OF TERROR in DCA - ALCOHOL IMPLICATED

Headline #2:
DRAGON FALLS DOWN DURING FANTASMIC PERFORMANCE - ALCOHOL IMPLICATED

A coincidence?
I think not! ;)

Lol! Murphy must have hit up Glowfest. Serving alcohol must be the root of the problem. ;) Hahaha. Joking aside, this is not good and I hope it's fixed soon. Only seen it once.

cstephens
08-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Have they released any info as to how long it might be out of commission? I am wondering about people who have F! packages booked.

They could still run Fantasmic even if the dragon isn't working - they'd just keep Maleficent out in her human form. But they can't run Fantasmic at all until they get the dragon off stage.

I expect that anyone who's got a dessert package booked would get their money refunded if the show doesn't run, for whatever reason.

ChurroGirl
08-29-2010, 12:25 PM
What a waist of outsourced Disney money. Maleficent hasn't even debuted as "Murphy" for a year and she is still broken.

DIsney needs to seriously knock it off and allow the imagineers and engineers to fix their own Dragon because obviously something hasn't worked from day one with her. It just seems to be getting a little tiring.

MidwayManiac
08-29-2010, 01:04 PM
My little girl and I were at the park this morning when it opened. On her short list of things to do was visit Tom Sawyer's island and run around. So this thread explains why there were about two dozen Disney employees standing on the F! stage scratching their heads in the direction of the dragon, which, btw, was fully erect (no, not that type of erect get your head outta the gutter).

Needless to say the island was off limits.

JerrodDRagon
08-29-2010, 01:23 PM
FOUND THE VIDEO OF THE DRAGON FALLING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK-tRNuM5FY

wow, pretty epic if you ask me, the Dragon wont be working for a while.

dznyphreak
08-29-2010, 01:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK-tRNuM5FY

wow, pretty epic if you ask me, the Dragon wont be working for a while.

:|
If you're going to claim that, please don't post a link to a video that's obviously a joke.

AVP
08-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Fake videos aren't funny.

Karin
08-29-2010, 02:23 PM
So NOT cool to post fake videos.

AVP
08-29-2010, 03:10 PM
According to a Disney spokesperson, "The dragon in Fantasmic experienced a technical issue last night. We are working to fix the problem. At this time we are not able to determine when the dragon will reappear in the show, however, it will continue to run at it's scheduled times."

At this time, Fantasmic is still scheduled to perform tonight. The show was already scheduled to be dark Monday - Thursday next week, so this should give Disney technicians some time to work on the dragon. Hopefully they can also fix Mickey's elevator.

AVP

Vegitabeta
08-29-2010, 03:12 PM
It was very dark, the show lights were turned off and they ran the mist screens at full blast to hide her from the crowd. I've seen some photos, but you really can't see anything but a silhouette of the dragon.

AVP
Thanks Adrienne, I guess it wasn't that fun to look at anyway!

And I third that fake videos aren't cool...thumbs down!

TowerofTerror
08-29-2010, 03:58 PM
I was walking by the area after ther first show and saw that they had mist going to hide what happen

olegc
08-29-2010, 04:03 PM
It was very dark, the show lights were turned off and they ran the mist screens at full blast to hide her from the crowd. I've seen some photos, but you really can't see anything but a silhouette of the dragon.

AVP

i am no expert - but from that same picture I saw it looks like what may have happened is the hydraulic platform that lifts murphy out of the ground failed, and buckled forward.