PDA

View Full Version : DCA, ToT, and Fastpass

furbE95
04-08-2003, 12:58 AM
I have a question for all of you. What came first, DCA or the whole fastpass program. One major problem i have noticed about fast pass is the lack of theming in queue rides. For example, you do a fair amount of waiting for indy outside and just stroll through quite a bit of the intricitely designed temple. God, i miss the temple. It was the one ride that i did not necessarily loate waiting in line for.

I have also noticed the same thing about most of the rides at dca. Was this because dca already being built or open when fastpass was implimented? If not, it seems like they queues could have been desinged to include a themed waiting area, not themed walking area.

The reason i pose this question is the building of tower of terror. The tower is like what, 2 minutes long? But the actual waiting in "real-life 30s hotel" takes quite a while. The hotel is just as themed as indy, if not more. I'm sure a lot of the budget for florida's tower went towards theming, and hopefully ours will recieve the same treatment. I just hope wdi was able to find a way to manage the theming and fastpass dilema.

Just a thought.

cujosr
04-08-2003, 02:44 AM
Disney first started testing the fastpass system while DCA was being built. Since it was a huge success (to them,) they decided to put faspass in DCA as an afterthought. I remember taking the tour of DCA while it was still in construction (about two weeks before the first previews,) and the only real work being done, except for paint, was the fastpass systems for Muppets and Soarin'. I guess if you think about it ToT will be the first true attraction with a Fastpass queue in mind (Pooh doesn't count, it uses Splash's old FP and cut's off the standby line for Splash.) Let's hope they get it right and avoid the whole Indy walkthrough fiasco.

furbE95
04-08-2003, 04:13 PM
That is good to hear. Let's hope imagineering wins out over budget cuts so our tower is just as themed, if not more, than our east coast counterpart.