PDA

View Full Version : What is that?

MoreMAForMe
08-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Ok,
So the other day we visited the part (So-Cal) and we were about to hand over our fast pass and proceed to the ride (Space Mountain) and the girl in front of us walked up and flipped open a black leather type wallet showed the CM something and proceeded to the ride. No fast pass was taken from her. Well that caught my curiosity so I asked the CM what it was and they just smiled and pointed us down the ramp. Even more curious I followed the girl to the next ride, and the same thing happened. So my question is: what is this wonderful thing, and how do we get one?

AVP
08-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Did you ask the girl, since it sounds like you wound up behind her in line? Was she alone?

AVP

disneylandgirl
08-25-2010, 12:28 PM
I wonder if it's something only VIP people or cast members can get?

Karin
08-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Or maybe undercover security? I'm guessing the OP didn't ask the person otherwise they wouldn't be asking us.

Malcon10t
08-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Ok,
So the other day we visited the part (So-Cal) and we were about to hand over our fast pass and proceed to the ride (Space Mountain) and the girl in front of us walked up and flipped open a black leather type wallet showed the CM something and proceeded to the ride. No fast pass was taken from her. Well that caught my curiosity so I asked the CM what it was and they just smiled and pointed us down the ramp. Even more curious I followed the girl to the next ride, and the same thing happened. So my question is: what is this wonderful thing, and how do we get one?I'm trying to figure out which line you followed her to next, was it Buzz (another fastpass line?)

dawnid
08-25-2010, 12:33 PM
I know they have mystery guests could it have been some sort of ID? But I would think even on attractions they'd want to be anonymous. All though I do remember my son saying he knew when he got a mystery guest because they would use an id that had a really large discount (memory escapes me) so it wasn't much of a mystery after all. Did you see her get on the ride or did she go back-stage?

very curious :confused:

MoreMAForMe
08-25-2010, 12:41 PM
We did not ask her, Her and the other 2 girls with her looked very young. Not trying to scare people at the park..LOL She boarded Space Mountain in the car in front of us. And then again at Indiana Jones. It was weird. She did not appear to be VIP or celebrity that I can tell. I wish I had just asked......... Hmmmmm this would be an evil MA quest.... Don't get any ideas Tony......LOL

chancencinny
08-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Security. The plain clothes carry badges in black leather wallet type things much like real police officers.

MoreMAForMe
08-25-2010, 01:05 PM
No Way! They were way to young to be security..................

Drince88
08-25-2010, 01:49 PM
And why would security be riding multiple attractions?

twindaddy
08-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Not a CM thing, they have to get regular FP's like everyone else...unless she just assumed as a CM they would bend the rules and let her in without one...which would be strange and disappointing.

I am thinking undercover security...why not ride the rides and walk through the que to make sure everything is OK?

potzbie
08-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Not a CM thing, they have to get regular FP's like everyone else...unless she just assumed as a CM they would bend the rules and let her in without one...
I am thinking undercover security...

Kind of like "insider trading", I think -- A Cast Member doing something for a fellow Cast Member. :confused:
A wink and a nod and a finger to the side of the nose -- kind of thing.

Or, maybe, it was a military I.D., and Disney is allowing vets to do things in a V.I.P. style? :confused:

LaserKitty
08-25-2010, 09:50 PM
...or maybe it is a special vip fast pass?
Paris Hilton may have one..she tweeted sometime in the last couple weeks about riding Space Mountain three times in a row.... without a bunch of fp's, how would that even be possible during the summer?

disneylandgirl
08-26-2010, 07:01 AM
...or maybe it is a special vip fast pass?
Paris Hilton may have one..she tweeted sometime in the last couple weeks about riding Space Mountain three times in a row.... without a bunch of fp's, how would that even be possible during the summer?

Cause she's Paris Hilton and can get whatever she wants. LOL! Maybe she slipped the CM's some hundred dollar bills.... :p

MoreMAForMe
08-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Well, I originally thought FP, but the CM never took it from her at any of the rides, so I am thinking it might be a Club 33 special permanent FP. I dont know what it was, but I do know that I want one! LOL

Malcon10t
08-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Well, I originally thought FP, but the CM never took it from her at any of the rides, so I am thinking it might be a Club 33 special permanent FP. I dont know what it was, but I do know that I want one! LOLNo, it wouldn't be a Club 33 "perk".

CariBelle
08-26-2010, 09:27 AM
How young are we talking? Plain clothes are supposed to fit in, so three young girls would fit that bill.

IllusionOfLife
08-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Cause she's Paris Hilton and can get whatever she wants.

Not if I was a cast member :rolleyes: Fame should be earned by talent, not bought by her daddy's money, but I digress…

My guess is that it's some sort of VIP pass, she's the daughter of one of the Disney execs or something. Either that or it was some sort of mind control device and they're really disguised aliens. :p

aznewsboy
08-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Either that or it was some sort of mind control device and they're really disguised aliens. :p

Not aliens, just Jedi mind tricks she just learned at the Training Academy.

candles71
08-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Wait, Mystery shopping at Disneyland...... Where do I get that assignment?

Malcon10t
08-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Wait, Mystery shopping at Disneyland...... Where do I get that assignment?