PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment and Preview Show!!

Disneyfreak
04-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Do you guys think that anything special will be done to POTC? I think they will take more time in getting the special effects working at their full potential. I have another question, was there ever real fire on the water in the background in the battle scene. I also loved it when the fog was really thick and went far into the tunnels! One time I got drenched on POTC, can you believe it! One day I went to Disneyland and saw that an unscheduled shut down of Pirates was under way. It was closed all day, and they opened it later at night, around 9ish. I saw water footprints everywhere when people left the boat. The boats were very wet inside. So we get to the first drop and we go down and I see a wave of water comming at me, LOL, and I got drenched from head to toe, WORSE THEN GRR!!! I was amazed that it could happen on that ride. They should purposly do it during the summer in my opinion.

scaeagles
04-07-2003, 05:07 PM
Maybe they'll stop worrying about the ridiculous politically correct crowd and return the pirates to simply chasing the women instead of chasing the women with food. That really ticked me of when they did that.

Disneyfreak
04-08-2003, 06:27 PM
That was really horrible what they did and they know it. What I dont understand is that the scene when they are auctioning the women off that that wouldnt be more offensive if anything.

cujosr
04-08-2003, 08:34 PM
I have one suggestion about the preview show. Don't go to DL that day!!! If you are a CM take the day off! There will be a LOT of angry guests that day who will not be able to go past Indy or the Golden Horseshoe. Please do NOT be one of them. As for CMs save yourself the trouble of angry guests and take the day off. Critter country will also be closed I assume.

Note: I have no foreknowledge of what exact areas they will be closing off. The areas I have Stated just seem to be the most likely.