PDA

View Full Version : Who is NUTS here?

carsoni
04-07-2003, 01:46 PM
In my thread about where to stay and my griping about DLH not having monorail service anymore got this response (among others).

"The monorail service from DL to DLH has not changed one bit. The DLH is still in the same place and so is the Monorail station.

What has been discontinued is the Tram service. "

Am I nuts or did the monorail used to go INTO the DLH and was moved back when Downtown Disney was put in (for the express purpose of making us all walk the death march at the end of the day through retail hell).

I SWEAR the monorail used to run right INTO the lobby of the DLH, but disny1mom says the monorail is now where it's ALWAYS been.
Who's right??? Please tell me I'm not delusional.

Thanks

MammaSilva
04-07-2003, 01:49 PM
No one is Nuts.....before the renovations turning Disneyland into Disneyland resort, the Monorail stopped exactly where it does now, but the hotel was right there.. not downtown disney.... we lost the Monorail Cafe and the original location of Goofys kitchen and a nice pool and several shops, the monorail stop got an 'updated look and DTD spread out on either side of it.... it never went into the lobby of the hotel...

SoCalSnowWhite
04-07-2003, 02:07 PM
The stop's been where it always has. It's just that when they made DTD they used up some of the DL Hotel's Area, so now it makes it seem as if the hotel is farther away. The hotel and monorail stop are in the same place as they have been for many years.

RStar
04-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Yes, the Monorail track has not changed at all. They tore down the whole front of the DLH, making the track appear to have moved forward (at first it looked like the hotel got pushed back when there was so much empty space from the street!) But even then it didn't stop in the lobby, but rather at a platform that went to the Monorail Cafe, or down to the parking lot if you went down the stairs and to the left, or if you went right it took you to shops and resturaunts like Goofy's Kitchen and the Neon Cactus Bar.

MonorailMan
04-07-2003, 03:33 PM
The only modification to the track was in 1994, when Indy was put in. And that was way before DTD. :)

innerSpaceman
04-07-2003, 03:44 PM
But the real loss to hotel guests is the discontinuation of the Disneyland Hotel tram. Now the only way to get from the front of Disneyland to the DLH is by foot. This is a nicer walk since it's through Downtown Disney instead of parking lot, but make no mistake - - it's just as far a walk as when it was all parking lot. In fact, it's a longer walk because they "moved" the Disneyland Hotel a few hundred yards to the west by getting rid of the outbuildings and the Sierra Pool, thus make the DLH "boundary" even further away than it was before.

dsnylndmom
04-07-2003, 03:49 PM
Maybe you're thinking of the Contemporary Hotel in WDW the monorail goes through the lobby of that hotel?

MammaSilva
04-07-2003, 03:51 PM
I agree with IsM.....the biggest loss of all is the trams from right in front of the park to the hotel......it isn't an insurmountable walk but at the end of the evening with tired little people, it was nice to hop the tram and head back to the hotel.....of couse you still had a bit of a walk depending on which building you were in but you got that brief respite in between....

furbE95
04-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva
I agree with IsM.....the biggest loss of all is the trams from right in front of the park to the hotel......it isn't an insurmountable walk but at the end of the evening with tired little people, it was nice to hop the tram and head back to the hotel.....of couse you still had a bit of a walk depending on which building you were in but you got that brief respite in between....
Why not just take the monorail?

MammaSilva
04-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Why not just take the monorail

It is an option, but if you aren't in Tommorowland to get on the monorail then you still have quite a stroll .. plus once upon a time you went to the front, stopped by the newstand, picked up all your packages and got on the trams.. now if you rent a locker you have to trudge to the locker then BACK to tommorowland 'hope' that the monorail isn't full...... it's a big Pain.