PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy tickets?

leota's necklace
04-07-2003, 10:14 AM
I have AAA and a PAP. We're going to be staying at the DH at the end of the month *jumpjump*...is there any advantage to buying my hubby's park admission ticket at the Hotel, vs through AAA before we leave? We'd be getting the 5-for-3 ticket, most likely.

HBTiggerFan
04-07-2003, 11:37 AM
From what I understand the 5 for 3 is not available at the resorts, so if you want that you need to buy it ahead of time.

tod
04-07-2003, 12:53 PM
I would suggest you see what kind of deal is available at the Hotel before you leave.

FWIW, I've never seen a crowd at the ticket booth at the Downtown Disney monorail station.

--T

tabacco
04-07-2003, 01:23 PM
tod: You've never seen the monorail booth on days when they start parking Simba lot :)

tod
04-07-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
tod: You've never seen the monorail booth on days when they start parking Simba lot :)

There's a reason I said "I've never seen a crowd..." instead of "There is never a crowd..."

;)

--T

chelbell
04-07-2003, 03:34 PM
I always buy our tickets at the Disney Store at our local mall a few days before we leave...then I don't have to worry about it when we get there. They also have the 5 for 3 deal....I just asked yesterday.:D

Klutch
04-07-2003, 05:49 PM
I also bought my tickets at my local Disney store. It was quick and painless. Amazingly, they sell you the actual tickets, not a voucher. You can take the tickets and stick them directly into the slot at the park gate.

I admit I kinda liked walking past the huge lines at the ticket booths five mornings in a row. Here's to 5 for 3. Woo-hoo!

leota's necklace
04-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Any advantage to buying the tix from the Hotel itself?

PARK_HOPPER
04-08-2003, 08:33 AM
Yes and No.

Yes, the Disneyland Resort Hotels offer two-day, or more Park Hopper tickets. Two-day Park Hopper tickets are not available at the gate, on-line or at the Disney Store.

It's also conveinient.

No, you can't buy the 5-for-3 Park Hopper at the hotel and none of the tickets sold include the new Super Fastpass feature.

My suggestion, order Passport Plus from Walt Disney Travel Company. Just order your tickets at least five business days prior to arrival and they will be shipped by Federal Express.

A $13.00 processing fee will be added to your total. You may order up to 10 Passport Plus ticket packages at one time. Once you use these tickets, you have 13 calendar days to use the remaining days.

Depending on your dates of stay, you can order 2, 5, 6, 7 8 or Annual Passport day Park Hopper tickets. Except for the Annual Passport and 2-day option, all inlcude an extra 2-days free.

Call Walt Disney Travel at (714) 520-5050 to place your order.

Darkbeer
04-08-2003, 10:33 AM
Two-Day ParkHoppers are now on sale at the main gate. They re-did the signs this Friday. The cost is $99, which is $5 more than two one day tickets, but they are listed, along with the one day ticket, the standard 3 day ticket for $119 (which has a two year life span, instead of the two week lifespan the discounted tickets get), and the SoCal CityPass, along with Deluxe and Premium AP's.

The SoCal AP, and a four day ParkHopper are still for sale, but no longer listed on the signage.

If you would like to buy a discounted ParkHopper when you get to Anaheim, you can go across the street to the McDonald's Parking Lot (on Harbor), and visit the Anaheim Visitor Center trailer. They sell a 4 day ParkHopper for the price of 3 (one day free) for $119. No handling fee charged.

stinkerbell
04-08-2003, 04:33 PM
I just bought a 5 day for the price of a 3 at our local Disney Store. We'll be there in wow, 11 days or so!!!!!!!! :)