PDA

View Full Version : No audio recording?

CaliforniaCrazy
08-02-2001, 07:14 PM
I recently visited DCA, and I brought along my father's mini tape recorder to record some of the rides and shows to listen to at home. Now, in most of the shows, they always say no VIDEO recording, but they never say anything about audio recording. I was stopped by a cast member who proceeded to tell me there is no audio recording in any show. How come they say just video, but not audio recording also at the beginning of a show? I had no intention of recording anything but for my own personal use. I know that I would never sell any soundtracks to any show, so can someone tell me why they had to tell me no audio recording as well?

beanpole
08-03-2001, 12:12 AM
So that I'm clear on this, was the CM telling you that audio recording of 'live' shows is prohibited, but audio recording of everything else (such as rides and sounds around the park) is okay?

One day, I hope to record audio on the rides. Will a CM ask me to put away my tape recorder if I try to do this?

Mr D
08-03-2001, 05:53 AM
Heck when I visited DL I used my Canon ZR-10 DV camcorder to record Fantasmic and other stuff, it records in PCM (digital audio) its so small so one notices it. At one time when I was waiting for the fireworks to begin last december and it was in my shirt pocket a lady ask me for a cigarette thinking it was a pack! I told her it was a camcorder and I do not smoke, there are a lot of video and audio recorders out there that are compact and you can buy directional remote mikes that are even wireless for the ultimate sleuths.;)

Ralph Wiggum
08-03-2001, 11:25 AM
Well, If you visit www.disneylandsource.com they have many videos and audio files of most of the attractions. Maybe they have some sort of agreement with disney but i dont think so. If it wasnt allowed I would think they would be in legal trouble by now. The site has been around for awhile.