PDA

View Full Version : Why is space still open?

furbE95
04-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Does any one know disneys line as to why they have not already started the rehab on space mountain? It seems to me that they should close it down and begin work on it immedietely. I mean, it is gonna have to be closed during at least one summer. Why not have it be this one? They are having diminished attendance due to the war anyways. Why not decrease the ride capacity now, and have it raised again in time for the 50th, when the war is over and the guests are back.

gr8onesgir1
04-07-2003, 08:19 AM
Space Mountain will be going on rehab after Labor Day.

scaeagles
04-07-2003, 08:52 AM
I'd tend to agree with DL in their planning on this one. Why close it prior to the summer and discourage attendance even more? Also, if they close it before summer there is a good chance it will be closed for 2 summers. Closing it after summer gives them 19 or 20 months to work on it and avoid it being closed for 2 prime seasons.

Duane
04-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Evidently, you have been reading information about park attendance as opposed to actually being there. I was in Disney World March 15 and had been informed that attendance was down and cutbacks were on the horizon. I was unpleasantly surprised by enormous crowds, massive wait times for all attractions, and an overbooked airline flight. I'm returning next week for spring break and the predicted attendance is so high, they have extended park hours in the Magic Kingdom to midnight almost every night. Business is good!

furbE95
04-07-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Duane
Evidently, you have been reading information about park attendance as opposed to actually being there. I was in Disney World March 15 and had been informed that attendance was down and cutbacks were on the horizon. I was unpleasantly surprised by enormous crowds, massive wait times for all attractions, and an overbooked airline flight. I'm returning next week for spring break and the predicted attendance is so high, they have extended park hours in the Magic Kingdom to midnight almost every night. Business is good!
Actually i have been there a few time recently. I was at DL in mid march on a saturday, and the line for indy never got much longer than 40 minutes. I have noticed a pretty large decrease in attendance over previous years.

mhrc4
04-07-2003, 12:53 PM
in regards to atendance levels, this Spring Break was one of the busiest i have seen

I went 3 times in the past week, and even at night, it is busier than normal. we had a 45 minutes wait at 830 for Soarin' as well as about an hour for space mountain at 10pm!

business is good lately, and the reason that they dont take down Space now is becuase it is still a big draw. That and they dont have subs back up yet. Once subs are up, and perhaps they figure out something with innoventions, then they can take down Space and not have tomorrowland be as huge of a ghost town as it would be if space went down now...

mousey_girl
04-07-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Duane

That is DisneyWorld. There can be a WORLD of difference between DisneyLand and DisneyWorld.