PDA

View Full Version : Rivers of America

LIMANDL4EVA
04-06-2003, 01:54 PM
Today i sthe 6th, and I believe ROA opens up on the 11th, correct me if I'm wrong. So has the refil process begun? And exactly how long does or will it take. Anybody here want to list the changes and/or upgrades made to the River during it's 4 month long rehab?

YellowMan
04-06-2003, 02:18 PM
Here's a picture of the refilled rivers. This picture was taken on Friday April 4 and the river looks pretty full to me, however the construction walls weren't down yet.
http://www.themeparksource.com/updates/2003/04.04.2003/img_0012.jpg

dgdisney
04-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Yellowman--do you maintain that website? I ask because I am having a difficult time accessing the site and I am wondering why!

Anyway-looking forward to seeing the refilled ROA-thanks!:)

YellowMan
04-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by dgdisney
Yellowman--do you maintain that website? I ask because I am having a difficult time accessing the site and I am wondering why!

Anyway-looking forward to seeing the refilled ROA-thanks!:) Hmm...no problems coming from my end. Maybe it was down a little earlier today.

DisneyFan25863
04-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Well, unless my eyes decived me at MouseAdventrure today, It looks like they Moved the Mark Twain, and that someone was actually riding a conoue today!

dgdisney
04-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Thanks Yellowman--the site is back up and the water was there--woo hoo! We are going in mid May and I am sooo excited!

Reseda? Woodland Hills for me (growing up--I am quite a bit north of there now!).

Anyway-thanks for your pictures!:)

YellowMan
04-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
Well, unless my eyes decived me at MouseAdventrure today, It looks like they Moved the Mark Twain, and that someone was actually riding a conoue today! Yes, the Mark Twain was moved back to its dock.

Also, the canoes were begin used for an interesting purpose. The one you see on the right side of the photo was pointed back perpendicular towards New Orleans Square and there was another tied right next to it. I saw a few workers walking across these, using them as a make-shift bridge from the mainland to where they were working on the Fantasmic equipment.

Polar33
04-07-2003, 06:33 PM
They were running the Mark Twain today. Well...testing I should say, as they only ran it for an hour or two with no guests on board. Hearing the whistle startled me, it's been a while since I've heard that sound.

Although my favorite part of those few hours was the guest that was passing by me who pointed and screamed "Oh my gosh, IT MOVES!!!"

However explaining why it was not actually open even though it was running was not exactly a highlight.