PDA

View Full Version : ABC Super Soap Weekends, by Purina

PARK_HOPPER
04-05-2003, 10:38 PM
ABC SUPER SOAP WEEKENDS RETURN TO DISNEY’S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE™, MAY 31-JUNE 1, JUNE 7-8

ABC Daytime and the Disneyland® Resort will present the second annual "ABC Super Soap Weekends," presented by Purina, at Disney’s California Adventure park this spring. The return of the popular weekend events was jointly announced today by Brian Frons, President, ABC Daytime, and Cynthia Harriss, President of the Disneyland Resort. Fan favorite Susan Lucci will headline an all-star lineup of over 60 daytime stars over the two-weekend celebration this spring.

"I had a wonderful time at last year’s Super Soap at Disney’s California Adventure," Lucci said. "We’re all thrilled to meet more of our fans this year, and we’re hoping it will become a long-standing tradition."

ABC Daytime fans will have the chance to meet their favorite stars of "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" the weekend of May 31–June 1. "Port Charles" and "General Hospital" stars will appear the weekend of June 7–8. A full list of attending stars will be announced shortly.

The stars will appear at various locations in Disney’s California Adventure, greeting guests in autograph sessions, competing in "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire – Play It!" and answering fans’ questions in Q&A appearances hosted by Linda Dano ("One Life to Live’s" Rae Cummings). Walt Willey ("All My Children’s" Jackson Montgomery) will emcee the popular Casting Call event, offering lucky fans an opportunity to play a scene with their favorite stars. ABC Super Soap Weekends will also offer one-of-a-kind memorabilia, in addition to exclusive event merchandise.

For guests who want to make these exclusive events a mini-vacation experience, The Walt Disney Travel Company is offering special ABC Super Soap Weekend vacation packages that include accommodations at one of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels, an exclusive breakfast with stars of ABC Daytime dramas, and commemorative merchandise. For complete details and to book this package, soap fans may call their travel agent or the Walt Disney Travel Company at (714) 520-5050.

For general Disneyland Resort information, call (714) 781-4565 or visit www.disneyland.com.

PARK_HOPPER
04-05-2003, 11:03 PM
If you have already booked or a planning to book a Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package during Super Soap Weekends, you can add the Breakfast and Souvenir option to your package.

You MUST have at least a two-night minimum or more stay at any Disneyland Resort Hotel. If you are staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel, or have a Passport Plus ticket package, you CANNOT add the Super Soap Weekends Breakfast option to your package.

The cost is $63.00 per person (for all ages) and includes tax and tip. You can attend Breakfast both days so as long as your Disneyland Resort hotel stay is during the May 31-June 1 period.

Advance reservations for Breakfast are required, and is subject to availability.

Here are the details:

Weekend 1--Saturday, May 31, 2003 and Sunday, June 1, 2003

"One Life to Live" and "All My Children"confirmed for both days.
Breakfast will be located in the Sequoia Ball Room at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel.

Weekend 2--Saturday, June 7, 2003 and Sunday, June 8, 2003

"General Hospital" and "Port Charles" confirmed for both days. Breakfast will be located in the Pacific Ballroom at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel.

If you are considering adding the Super Soap Weekends Breakfast to your vacation package, you should contact Disney Dining first to verify that seats are still available at (714) 781-3463 before adding the option to your vacation package.

Once you add the Breakfast option to your vacation package, it is non-refundable.

You may book your Super Soap Weekends vacation package with your travel agent or Walt Disney Travel Company at (714) 520-5050. Based on availability, if you stay 4 nights or more, the 4th night is free.

MouseWife
04-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Wow. I am bummed.

I just called and the two night minimum will count me out of this one. The breakfast and any Disneyhotel, anyways.

For my chickie and I it would be $1,000. at the G.C.!!!

$743. at the P.P.!!!

Ah, I think I will book at a lesser expensive hotel {if I stay over night} and then just rest on a bench if I get pooped during the day. Heck, I might even just drive up and come back that day.

You do get a lot for the package but I can live without it. Maybe. No, yes, I can live without it. :)

Thanks for the number. I am glad that I found out before I made any promises to my chickie.

The breakfast deal packages are selling out quickly so if anyone else does want to partake I recommend calling soon.