PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland @ Easter

experiment626
04-05-2003, 09:01 PM
Does the Disneyland Resort do anything "special" for Easter? We will be there for the first time this Easter and I am just curious if they have anything special.

stinkerbell
04-06-2003, 10:18 AM
It will be our first Easter at DL, also and the only thing I've seen advertised is the breakfast with Alice in Wonderland that costs a million dollars....no thanks!

I have checked the disneyland.com site several times to see if there is anything, but nothing has popped out to me as Easter-specific.

experiment626
04-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by stinkerbell
It will be our first Easter at DL, also and the only thing I've seen advertised is the breakfast with Alice in Wonderland that costs a million dollars....no thanks!
Yeah I agree on that, I saw this and this was me ( :eek: :eek: )when I looked at the price :eek: :eek:

MammaSilva
04-06-2003, 12:04 PM
We were there Easter 7 years ago, now we had already planned on Goofys Kitchen for dinner so didn't look for anything earlier, however.... I didn't see anything remotely Easter themed like an egg hunt or those type of activities inside the park. What we did find was a 'ghost town' I mean from rope drop til about 1pm every ride in the park was a walk on! Having said that... at about 1pm the place filled up amazingly fast and with kids that were not only excited to be at Disneyland but were already on a huge sugar high....which made for a lot of parents looking frazzled faster :) but since we always do the mid day break thing, we simply headed back for some down time and went back around five in the evening when the park started clearing out what appeared to be significantly 'earlier' than the norm from other visits.

cstephens
04-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by stinkerbell

I have checked the disneyland.com site several times to see if there is anything, but nothing has popped out to me as Easter-specific.

The PCH Grill hosts an Easter buffet as well. We've been going with a group of friends for several years now and really enjoy it. It's a smaller affair than the Alice themed buffet, but the character interaction is great. I have a review (with pictures) of last year's brunch posted here (http://www.colddeadfish.net/easterbrunch2002.html).

We've noticed the last couple of years while waiting to be seated that the Paradise Pier Hotel hosts an Easter Egg hunt for children in the lobby. Not sure if that's only open to hotel guests, but anyone interested might call to find out more info.