PDA

View Full Version : Sam Andreas Shakes Future?

MouseEars
08-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Given the changes going on in that area of DCA and the confirmation that the Sam Andreas Shakes building will be demolished I'm wondering if anyone has heard if the shakes will continue someplace else.

I only recently discovered the amazing date shakes they offer (maybe 3-4 or trips ago) and now a visit isn't complete without having one (with caramel sauce). SO GOOD! It's like needing to have a Dole Whip. Anyways, I'd hate for them to disappear from the parks altogether.

Any word?

stan4d_steph
08-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Oh man, I love those date shakes! And they are very California too. It would be a shame to lose that unique food item from the park.

disneyfn
08-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Maybe they could start making them at that smoothie place on Hollywood blvd?

AVP
08-28-2010, 04:47 PM
The location is being closed on September 7. I would not be surprised if the new "Cozy Cone Motel" that will be built as part of Cars Land offers something like it, but perhaps not date shakes.

AVP

olegc
08-28-2010, 07:45 PM
The location is being closed on September 7. I would not be surprised if the new "Cozy Cone Motel" that will be built as part of Cars Land offers something like it, but perhaps not date shakes.

AVP

good point - i bet many of the food items may be coming back with either slight twists or as they were with different themed names.

stan4d_steph
08-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Boo. You can get soft serve ice cream anywhere. Lame-o.

TowerofTerror
08-29-2010, 04:30 PM
I think I should get one of the date shakes before they demolish the place

stan4d_steph
08-31-2010, 07:31 AM
Anyone have any additional insight to provide on whether the shakes will be available anywhere else? Maybe at Burrrbank ice cream?