PDA

View Full Version : AP what's the deal?

carsoni
04-05-2003, 06:36 PM
Okay, third ignorant post of the week. What's the benefit of being an annual passholder? Other than being able to post here and get tons of responses, what other real world benefits are there?

I read something about a "shortcut from DL to DCA" is that real or imaginary?

Anything else?

Thanks.

MammaSilva
04-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Depending on which Annual Pass you purchase the benefits differ.... the So Cal Pass has the largest number of blackout dates (days which you must purchase a special ticket to go into the park, a discounted price but still an extra expense) The Deluxe pass has some discounts on food locations and I'm not sure if it has a discount on merchandise, it also has quite a few blackout dates, every Saturday all summer plus certain Holiday times, then the Premium, no blackout dates, discounts on merchandise and food in most sit down locations.

As a AP holder you get a 'newsletter' about 3/4 times a year....that sometimes include special events like AP only days to ride Pooh before it is available to the 'general' guests.....

Oh and just to let you know, being an AP holder is not a requirement to hang out on the Pad... we have a lot of folks that do have AP's but we have a lot that don't as well :)

DisneyFan25863
04-05-2003, 07:13 PM
Personally, I think, for a starter, a So Cal is fine. It has a few discounts at food areas, and (I think) 178 days to go. Well worth the $105 ;)

carsoni
04-05-2003, 07:24 PM
And what of the reported "tunnel" between DL and DCA? Real or imaginary? What about reports of Cast Members dreading the AP?

MammaSilva
04-05-2003, 07:57 PM
There is no tunnel between the two parks that guests have access to, if there is one for CM's I haven't heard any rumors of it...the short cut folks talk about is from the Grand Californian Hotel thru DCA over to Disneyland..

As for CM's not liking AP holders, the bottom line is they dislike guests who are Jerks, unfortunately for a lot of AP holders, there are a few who feel because they hold an Annual Pass they have some "rights" that the average day guest doesn't or that they are more important than than the average day guest... the trick is to be a good guest, be appreciative of the extra mile that the CM's try to go to make your experience wonderful and don't forget your basic manners, please, thanks and a smile go a long way to making sure everyone has a pleasant day at the parks.

tabacco
04-05-2003, 11:13 PM
No tunnel for CMs either. There's a traffic tunnel from harbor pointe under the tram entryway by Harbor over to dca though for the back of house trams to take.

Morrigoon
04-05-2003, 11:47 PM
AP:
Obviously the number of days you can get in the park.
Don't need a handstamp to go from park to park.
The knowledge that you can always come back, and don't have to "play" so hard to "get your money's worth" out of the day (eg: more relaxed visits)
A place to go every Sunday, knowing that someone from the internet community will be there (you just have to meet us, then you'll know us!)

Premium AP:
Get in every day
Parking is covered
10% discount on merchandise
15% discount in some dining locations

Keep this in mind: if you go to the park 6 times - that's every other month, three weekends, or two 3-day weekends, you've paid for the premium annual pass - NOT counting the parking, and the discounts!