PDA

View Full Version : Asian (Chinese/Thai/Indian) food in the resort area?

amismo
04-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Any one aware of any kind of Asian food in the Disneyland resort area? I mean Downtown Disney, within Disneyland or DCA. I know there are a number of Chinese/ Thai places one can drive to.

Thanks
Amismo

Matterhorn Fan
04-05-2003, 05:01 PM
Off the top of my head: there's the Lucky Fortune Cookery at DCA (rarely open), and then there's Yamabuki (sp?) at the Paradise Pier Hotel (I've never been).

I think that's it, at least on property.

carsoni
04-05-2003, 05:03 PM
Wish I knew about some Chinese, Thai or Indian also. Pretty tired of the usual

DaddyB
04-05-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by amismo
Any one aware of any kind of Asian food in the Disneyland resort area? I mean Downtown Disney, within Disneyland or DCA. I know there are a number of Chinese/ Thai places one can drive to.

Thanks
Amismo

Well, I know you said at Downtown Disney or in the parks, but there is a Chinese place within walking distance of the parks (same block the resort is on). It's at South Harbor and Kattella. I've never visited, so I can't say how good/bad it is.

Panda Kitchen Chinese Food
714-999-6888

I recently did a project for another DLR website of all the businesses on the South Harbor block across from Disneyland Resort, so that's how I know.

cstephens
04-07-2003, 10:20 AM

Thanks
Amismo

As has been mentioned, there aren't a lot of places in the resort itself.

The Lucky Fortune Cookery used to have fairly good Chinese food (noodle soups and some dim sum) but took them off the menu fairly quickly. Now, all they have are egg rolls and some teriyaki bowls that I don't think are that great.

Yamabuki's is the full-service Japanese restaurant in the Paradise Pier Hotel. I've not had the teriyaki there but friends who have seemed to like it. I've had sushi there twice, and while I think it's ok, it's not near the quality that I'm used to, so we've not gone back.

Toady The Eighth
04-07-2003, 10:26 AM
We tried the Chinese food from a flier that got handed to us as we left the park one night. I think it was something... Panda?

Anyway, they delivered it to our room and it was very yucky. The food was hard as rock.

Wouldn't reccommend it.

I wish someone knew of a good Thai restaurant!

LifelongAngelsFan
04-07-2003, 03:24 PM

Thanks
Amismo

Yes, these cuisines are missing. Perhaps an opportunity for the now unused restaurants at Plaza Pavalion or Tahitian Terrace? Okay, it's a stretch in Plaza Pavalion, but a natural in Adventureland.

amismo
04-07-2003, 03:33 PM
There is a good Thai restaurant about 5 minutes away by car - ont he road parallel to Katella - can't remember the name. Very good Basil chicken, good Pad Thai. They are closed on Mondays.

Karlos the Jackal
04-09-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Toady The Eighth
We tried the Chinese food from a flier that got handed to us as we left the park one night. I think it was something... Panda?

Anyway, they delivered it to our room and it was very yucky. The food was hard as rock.

We did this too. I thought my Teriyaki Chicken was pretty good, and a good-sized portion, but Sue was terribly unimpressed with her stir fried tofu, so she had to just eat ice from the ice machine.

--K

(she didn't actually eat ice.)

PARK_HOPPER
04-09-2003, 11:07 PM
Here's a little known secret.

Yamabuki at lunch time offers some of the best deals around!

They are open for lunch Monday through Friday only, no weekends.

You can get a complete lunch combo for about $10.00, per person, not counting beverage, tax and tip.

If you have an AP, that discount helps take care of the tax.

The service is truly fantastic! Probably the best of any restaurant in the Dinsyeland area, even Napa Rose.

The secret? White linen table cloths and linen create a fine dining experience combined with the nicest waitresses (no guys here)!

Maybe it's because you can hardly understand the ladies!. These ladies are a carry-over when this hotel was the Pan Pacific and owned by the Japanese. Even when the place is packed for lunch, these ladies are so polite and genuine! Truly refreshing.

This place has a "nickname" throughout Disneyland as the "manager's cafeteria" because of all the blue cards you see hanging from people's necks! I'm sure because of the discount, they think it's a bargain!

For a great dining experience at half the cost of dinner, lunch at Yambuki is probably the best deal for a sit-down restaurant.

You can book through Disney Dining at (714) 781-3463.

Toady The Eighth
04-10-2003, 01:22 PM
I read *somewhere* on these boards- can't remember where- that there is a Thai restaurant on Katella across from the Comfort Inn?

TeaCupper
04-11-2003, 09:23 PM
My husband found "Thai and Thai" which is on Katella. That might be it.