PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland for Mother's Day?

ESS Heckler
04-05-2003, 01:09 PM
I have an opportunity to be in DLR May 9th through the 12th. That Sunday is Mother's Day. Has anybody been there on Mother's Day? Are the parks crowded? What about the restaraunts in DTD? I'd love to go to the 'Gospel Brunch' but not looking forward to a mob scene. Any info would be appreciated!:)

Berry Princess
04-05-2003, 09:37 PM
We have gone on Mother's Day the last 2 years. It looks more crowded then it actually is. We had a great time each year. I don't know how the restaurants are in DTD cause we never eat at those.

ESS Heckler
04-06-2003, 09:11 AM
Thank you Berry Princess - but may I ask, what do you mean by "looks more crowded than it actually is?"

Berry Princess
04-07-2003, 11:23 AM
What I mean by that is when you get there it is usually packed in that front area by the gates inside. It is only because they have tables set up with free caranations for the moms. So you have all these people all over there getting flowers. But once you get past that it isn't bad at all. We have enjoyed going that day.

ESS Heckler
04-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Thank you Berry!! I appreciate your time and insight.

I'll be staying at the Grand Californian, so I can hang out in DCA until the DL entrance lines thin a bit.

:-)

Berry Princess
04-07-2003, 12:45 PM
Your welcome. It shouldn't be to bad to get into DL and like I said once you are in and get past all the flowers and people you will be fine. I wish we could do it again this year but because of having to move soon we won't be able to renew our passes just yet and will have to skip out on it. But have fun.

mad4mky
04-07-2003, 01:22 PM
I'll be there on Mother's Day this year.

I would have rather gone the week before...as it is daughter #2's birthday, and technically we are going for her birthday...not for Mother's Day...But...I had #1 daughter whinning "wait till I come home...wait until I come home from school..."

So...our trip is delayed a week.:rolleyes:
I guess #2 daughter won't get the special one on one attention for her birthday trip!;)

So...we'll be enjoying Mother's Day at the Happiest Place on Earth...:D

KateyMcButterpants
04-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by kimkinney
Thank you Berry!! I appreciate your time and insight.

I'll be staying at the Grand Californian, so I can hang out in DCA until the DL entrance lines thin a bit.

:-)

Or you could take the monorail from DTD to Tomorrowland and avoid the front entrance lines altogether.

kranders
04-22-2003, 06:23 AM
We went to DLR last year at Mother's Day and it was great!!! Not very crowded and they really make the moms feel special. I hope to go again this year.

ESS Heckler
04-22-2003, 08:31 AM
Katey - the monorail is a great idea. Let's hope it's running!