PDA

View Full Version : Touring tickets

julierika
08-16-2010, 10:21 AM
How would Disney manage "touring tickets" (admission to the Park but not rides)? How would they know who had those types of tickets since nothing is required to be shown once you get into the Park?

Lilo143stitch
08-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Didn't they used to do something similar to this around christmas time. I though you used to be able to get a shopping pass to shop on mainstreet? I never did it only heard about it so it could just be rumor.

Malcon10t
08-16-2010, 11:07 AM
They currently do not have a Touring ticket. They had a shopping pass a few years back which would allow you 1 hour in the park (1 hour and 1 min, you bought a ticket.) It wasn't allowed after 5pm (to avoid people coming in to watch fireworks.)

It was discontinued a couple years ago.

julierika
08-16-2010, 11:15 AM
They currently do not have a Touring ticket.

Yes, I know they don't have one now. I was referring to today's Park Update which talked about the different ticket possibilities for the future. Just wondering how it would be managed.

danyoung
08-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Perhaps everyone who had riding privileges would have to wear a wristband. Or they may go back to having to show your ticket at every attraction. Personally I don't think that this offer has any possibility of becoming a reality. It would just be too hard to oversee, and too easy to abuse.

Malcon10t
08-16-2010, 11:46 AM
I can see where we would need to go back to showing tickets or putting our ticket in a machine to allow us through to rides.

oregontraveler
08-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Perhaps everyone who had riding privileges would have to wear a wristband. Or they may go back to having to show your ticket at every attraction. Personally I don't think that this offer has any possibility of becoming a reality. It would just be too hard to oversee, and too easy to abuse.

I agree with Dan. My first thought on the practicality of such a pass would
be a ticket without any FP priveleges.

Mermaid
08-16-2010, 03:38 PM

I agree. Even with showing your ticket, people could "share" the regular ticket. I think this would be way to hard to manage.

Michael24
08-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Perhaps everyone who had riding privileges would have to wear a wristband.
That would be a lot of people, so maybe instead the people who just buy, say, a shopping ticket, would have to be the ones to wear a wristband. And you could make it some kind of hard plastic that couldn't just easily be cut off or something. But then you'd probably have to stop at the exit on your way out after the hour to get it removed by a CM. I don't know. I think any kind of specialty tickets like this would be very difficult to manage, so it's probably for the best the just stick with what they already have and not bother.

Though my mom would like it, because sometimes where nearby on another trip and she offer says she'd love to just run into the park really quick and get an apple fritter. :D

Kuzcofan
08-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Knott's Berry farm In Buena park used to have a similar thing where you buy a ticket to go in at full price then you have 1 hour to return to get your money back (or maybe partial back) That way you can go shopping, and maybe 1 ride, but since most on the popular rides are sometimes 30+ minutes you would risk loosing your refund. So all you really could do was shop to make sure you were back within the hour. Perhaps they could something like that at Disneyland.

Malcon10t
08-16-2010, 05:27 PM
So all you really could do was shop to make sure you were back within the hour. Perhaps they could something like that at Disneyland.Disneyland did this until about 2 years ago. You had to leave a credit card deposit. If you returned within the 60 mins, the charge was removed. If you got on a ride, you would run the risk of getting stuck and losing your deposit. They discontinued this. Most of the items you could buy in the store are now available at World of Disney and other locations in DTD.

danyoung
08-16-2010, 05:35 PM
That would be a lot of people, so maybe instead the people who just buy, say, a shopping ticket, would have to be the ones to wear a wristband. And you could make it some kind of hard plastic that couldn't just easily be cut off or something.

Unless you're going to shackle people in irons, there is no temporary wristband that couldn't be taken off easily. So this wouldn't work too well, I don't think.

Michael24
08-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Unless you're going to shackle people in irons, there is no temporary wristband that couldn't be taken off easily. So this wouldn't work too well, I don't think.
When I go to the Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, they have wrist bands you can buy to get unlimited rides. Now, those wristbands are paper so they're easily cutable once you're done for the day and leave. But when they're put on for you by the person at the ticket booth, they're pulled tight as they're fastened and there's no way you can just slide it off your wrist. So if there was a durable plastic that was resist to, say, just being cut by scissors, you could make a wristband that's tight to the wrist (but not uncomfortable) and unable to simply be slid off.

Drince88
08-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Finger nail clippers work fantastically to remove those types of wristbands. To make a wristband system work you have to have it so the people who 'get more' have to wear the wristbands.
Hey, I know! They can let you into Disneyland for really cheap, but then you have to have a ticket for each ride. But you can't have Indiana Jones and Mr. Toad be the same ticket price, so maybe having 4 or 5 different categories. I know, they can be lettered. A tickets for the lowest price, E tickets for the highest price/coolest attractions! :D

Michael24
08-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Finger nail clippers work fantastically to remove those types of wristbands.
Yeah, the paper ones, sure. That's why I said a "durable plastic." Oh well.

Malcon10t
08-16-2010, 07:21 PM
As someone who has to wear wristbands for various tournaments dozens of times a year, there is no such thing as a wristband that you can't get off. Paper/plastic doesn't matter. If you know how to do it, it isn't that hard. When I am supposed to wear a wristband an entire weekend, and I hate wearing them, people will often see me with out it during the evenings. But it is back on in the am.......

danyoung
08-17-2010, 04:00 AM
When I go to the Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, they have wrist bands you can buy to get unlimited rides.

Yes, but this is a different scenario from what you first proposed - that those with just the shopping ticket be given wristbands. In that case there would be huge incentive for folks to just by the shopping ticket, get their wristband, and then work their way out of it (fingernail clippers, yeah!). If you gave wristbands to everyone who DID have the rights to ride, then there's no incentive for them to remove it and lower their ride status. Still, it's a huge thing to wristband 90% of your gate every day. I just don't see it happening.