PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Quick!

mommymouse
04-05-2003, 11:07 AM
Hey everybody! I'm so glad I found these boards!! We are leaving on Monday for our DL/California vacation. We have Monday and Tuesday booked at the DL Hotel. We were planning to stay in LA the next two nights, see Hollywood, and go to Venice Beach. My questions is: Is it terribly inconvienent to stay at the DL Hotel, and drive to Venice Beach and Hollywood? It doesn't look too far on the map, but I've heard all about the traffic there, and I don't want to wast too much time in traffic. How far is it to Venice Beach, timewise? Also, if you think we should just make the DL hotel our home base, would I be better off requesting the additional nights now, on the phone? Or should I wait until we are checking in? We ot a two day park hopper from Expedia when we booked the room, will the DL hotel be able to upgrade it to a three day? (With the two days free?) Should I do it there?

Also, we have a baby. Will she be able to do any of the rides? Can I take her into Small World? Can I do anything with her on my lap?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

DisneyDody
04-05-2003, 11:45 AM
We were in Anaheim last week for DL and on Thursday we drove up to L.A. and to check out Hollywood and the beach, etc... the drive there was about 35 miles but took us 2 and 1/2 HOURS!!!!!!!! No joke.. we left at 8am and arrived in the Hollywood area at 10:30am!!! Driving back to our Anaheim motel was about the same, we left at about 3:30/4:00 and got back after 6pm. :eek:

cujosr
04-05-2003, 12:28 PM
If you are goinging to go to hollywood I suggest you leave on a weekend (sat/sun) and leave early. the traffic woun't be that bad till you get near downtown LA. In someplaces the number of lanes drop to only four (two in each direction). If you really want to see Hollywood Blvd. and the Mann's Chinese Theater go first thing in the morning. Then head over to Universal Studios. While you are there look for the Audiences Unlimited booth next to the Blues Brothers Revue. There you can find out if any TV shows are taping that day and get free tickets and transportation to see them (some are right there on the Universal lot,) although children of young ages are not allowed into these shows. Sorry can give any advice on Venice. Huntington Beach is though. ;)

AlanaP
04-05-2003, 12:56 PM
dont try to drive to LA at peak traffic hours..6am -9am 3pm - 6pm
then you should be ok...

slaakker
04-06-2003, 07:45 PM
First, you could probably get cheaper rooms than DL if that is important to you. I know I like to get one room and not have to relocate for the duration of my stay.

Second, you might not be able to upgrade your passes at the resort. I think some of the discounts like the 5 for 3 are only available on line.

There will be others like Darkbeer that should be able to help you with this.

As far as traffic, don't travel after 6am till 7pm anywhere near LA on weekdays. JMO.

chelbell
04-06-2003, 08:18 PM
Sounds like the traffic part is pretty much covered....maybe I can help with the baby part?? Yes, you can take the baby on Small World, as well as other rides. The ones that come to mind right now are Jungle Cruise, Monorail, Train, Mark Twain Paddleboat, I think Pirates also, as well as most of the rides in Fantasyland. There are actually quite a few rides you can do with a baby. If there are rides you want to go on that you can't take the baby on, you can do the baby swap, where you can get a pass from the cast member at the ride, and either you or the other adult can go on the ride, and as soon as they get off, you can hand the baby over to them, and then you can go right on the ride without having to wait in line again. Hope that helps a little. I'm sure someone else will be along soon with some more ideas. Have fun!!!:)