PDA

View Full Version : Renewing AP

Pirate33
04-04-2003, 02:28 PM
My annual pass is expiring shortly, and I see that I get a $20 discount for renewing it. I live quite far from Anaheim and so can only use the pass infrequently. If I let the AP expire, how hard is it to reactivate? Can I just walk up to a ticket booth or phone in an order if I know unexpectedly that I will be able to go?

MammaSilva
04-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Pirate33, if you aren't going to go to the park in the next six weeks or so, let the pass expire and don't worry about the 20 dollar discount, if you figure a Premium Pass costs 225 dollars then each month "costs" about 18 dollars and some change ....which wipes out the 20 dollar discount if you just renew but don't go and use it. When you find out you can make it all you have to do is buy any ticket media, a park hopper or day pass and then upgrade it to the level of pass you want.. I am 'guessing' you are a premium pass holder because of the discount... I always let our's expire then just buy the special hopper of the moment when we get ready to go again, then once we're in the park I just 'upgrade' to our APs again so we aren't 'wasting' the 'down time' between when our passes expire and when we can visit the park again.

HBTiggerFan
04-04-2003, 05:39 PM
You can also buy an annual pass at the Disney Store (sans discount) and they give you a voucher (don't lose it!!!!!!) that you can activate next time you go to DLR. Your AP will have the date of first usage on it (the first day you go to DLR).

QueenofHearts
04-04-2003, 06:25 PM
What kind of discount do you get on an AP if you upgrade during or at the end of your 5 day hopper?

experiment626
04-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by QueenofHearts
What kind of discount do you get on an AP if you upgrade during or at the end of your 5 day hopper?
Discount? you don't get a discount when you upgrade. But they will apply the cost of your 5 day to the cost of an AP. So if the 5 day cost you $119 and you want to upgrade to a premium you will have to pay the difference between the $225 and the $119, so you would owe an additional $106 plus tax.

HBTiggerFan
04-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by experiment626
plus tax.

I think tax is included in the cost of the AP.

experiment626
04-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
I think tax is included in the cost of the AP.
Tax inclusive, how cool :D

QueenofHearts
04-04-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by experiment626
Discount? you don't get a discount when you upgrade. But they will apply the cost of your 5 day to the cost of an AP. So if the 5 day cost you $119 and you want to upgrade to a premium you will have to pay the difference between the $225 and the $119, so you would owe an additional $106 plus tax.

Do you have to do it before you leave on the 5th day? Or can you do it a Disney store at home? Just curious when the "year" can start. Thanks!

experiment626
04-04-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by QueenofHearts
Do you have to do it before you leave on the 5th day? Or can you do it a Disney store at home? Just curious when the "year" can start. Thanks!
Yes, you need to do it at the parks on or before your last day. The "year" for the AP begins the first day you used the 5 day hopper pass.