PDA

View Full Version : more soft openings

furbE95
04-04-2003, 12:46 PM
do soft openings happen occasionally up until the grand openning? Or are the pooh ones already done? If they are still going on, how do i know if there will be any while i am there?

LSPoorEeyorick
04-04-2003, 02:23 PM
When I asked the CM on Wednesday, he told me that the 'soft opening' is actually permanent; it will be running right up until the official opening on April 11.

He also said that the new store is scheduled to open Friday (today) Apr. 4.

They went 101 on Wednesday night for a brief period, but were able to open up after about fifteen minutes. The CMs would not disclose what had happened, but it was apparently not a problem with motion sensors or people stepping in front of the honeycombs.

SteveK
04-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by LSPoorEeyorick
When I asked the CM on Wednesday, he told me that the 'soft opening' is actually permanent; it will be running right up until the official opening on April 11.

He also said that the new store is scheduled to open Friday (today) Apr. 4.

They went 101 on Wednesday night for a brief period, but were able to open up after about fifteen minutes. The CMs would not disclose what had happened, but it was apparently not a problem with motion sensors or people stepping in front of the honeycombs.

I was in line during the 101 and it lasted around 20 minutes. According to the CM, there was some "spilled honey" on the track. Never did actually find out what happened...there were alot of people standing around looking at the ride operation monitor and finally it started up again.

refurbmike
04-04-2003, 03:50 PM
"do soft openings happen occasionally up until the grand openning?"

Yes, unless some major change needs to be made that can't be made overnight (e.g. the bouncing effect to making kids throw up).

"Or are the pooh ones already done?"

Nope. They'll probably stop doing them for the AP preview (4/8+9) and they might for the CM preview (is that this weekend?). Other than that, the ride is available for a "special preview."

"If they are still going on, how do i know if there will be any while i am there?"

Upon arrival, go to Critter Country. If there is a sign up that says the words "Preview" on it...

Polar33
04-04-2003, 06:46 PM
If the AP previews are going to be held like the CM previews, they will be accepting normal day guests in the standby queue, and the FastPass line will be occupied with the APs. I wouldn't count on it being open much on April 10th though, being the last day before officially opening there may be some final adjustments to make, TV spots to shoot, last minute training, etc. that would prevent it from soft-opening that day.

cujosr
04-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by SteveK
I was in line during the 101 and it lasted around 20 minutes. According to the CM, there was some "spilled honey" on the track. Never did actually find out what happened...there were alot of people standing around looking at the ride operation monitor and finally it started up again. FIRE!!!!!! See Al Lutz's Article on MiceAge.com (www.MiceAge.com) It might no have been the same 101 though.