PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg.com is finally on Eisner's Case

Disney Tom
08-02-2001, 01:28 PM
Heigh ho everyone, check this out from well respected Bloomberg.com:

http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?T=marketsquote99_news.ht&s=AO2j6pBYSRGlzbmV5

The last paragraph in particular says this about Eisner:

``He's lost the magic, and he needs to come back with something that re-ignites that sense that something exciting is happening,'' said Darice Grippo, an analyst at John Hancock Funds, which owns Disney shares. ``I think he's struggling.''

Yes Michael, why don't you give us a few E-tickets to be proud of.... new things that really rock, not this Journey Into Your Imagination and Bountiful Valley Farm junk. And as for the Aladdin Flying Carpets at WDW, someone must be held accountable and made to suffer (perhaps endless rides on Superstar Limo). But, then again, the designers of Superstar Limo should be held accountable too (perhaps endless rides of Aladdin's Flying Carpets).

Gosh, I was sort of embarrassed when DL Paris got the Indy Jones coaster, but I'd kill for that, it's the most themed "mad mouse" I've ever seen and beats the above mentioned attractions.

There is no reason to go to WDW or DL if I can't experience a new, breathtaking adventure every few years. Michael, please quit green-lighting "junk", and start shelling out some bucks on cool things for the parks. The quality has hit an all time low, and I swear I'll take my money and go spend it on an Adventure Vacation with my family as opposed to the same "rank amatuer" things that you've come up with of late.

As for "your" hotels, sure they're great, but you can't readily stroll around the grounds of the Animal Kingdom Lodge or aspects of the Grand Californian without proving you're staying there or have a confirmed dinner reservation. Hey, "Mr. Content", why restrict access to your content? Potential guests will have no desire to return to that content in the future if they can't preview it now. I'd understand if AK Lodge was a 200 room resort, but it's 800 + rooms and people would like to see it. What idiot decided to restrict the day guests to at least stroll along the grounds?

This company will get taken over and sold up in chunks one day soon....then we'll all really be sorry....it'll happen folks, mark my words....

Ralph Wiggum
08-02-2001, 02:02 PM
Thats a great article and is long overdue. I think they should add your comments to the article though, they were perfect... Thanx Disney Tom!!

Doodle Duck
08-02-2001, 02:18 PM
There must be a 'leak' at MP.

disneyhead
08-02-2001, 07:34 PM
Remember people it is your 12 million dollars Eisner got last year. If we spend our money elsewhere for one year maybe two, then I guarantee He will be gone. We will give them time to paint DL, add new stuff to DCA, make a movie worth seeing, (not 102 Dalmatians or the other strip mining of previously successful properties that they have coming.), and in general stop exploiting our loyalty to our passion. There are plenty of other quality vacation destinations that will respect and appreciate your hard earned money, (Yosemite, The Grand Canyon, mountain biking in Moab, Universal's Islands of Adventure, Skiing in Jackson Hole Wyoming, Busch Gardens the Old Country and Colonial Williamsburg, The Smithsonian in Washington DC, etc.) Give us quality for our money. I don't want a good value, I want something I would pay twice as much for with a grin on my face, (the Grand Californian is a good example). Then we will storm the castle with our wallets on fire.

Napsto
08-04-2001, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by DoodleDuck(A.E)
There must be a 'leak' at MP.

funny.

TomSawyer
08-07-2001, 09:11 AM
Let's see - Eisner is CEO in 1999 when Disney doesn't turn a profit; he doesn't get a bonus on top of his $750,000 salary. In 2000, Disney makes almost $2 billion in profit on $25 billion in revenue. Disney's Board gives him a bonus of $12 million, or about 5% of the total. Then, $3 million of the 2000 bonus gets deferred to 2004.Eisner also got his first pay raise since 1984 to $1 million a year, which doesn't really seem out of line.

Keep in mind that Disney's profits dropped 28% from 1998 to 1999, and Eisner turned it around in 2000.

The solution is not to boycott Disney until Eisner is gone - he really isn't being paid all that much when you realize how big of an empire he is responsible for. And unlike many other CEOs, he doesn't receive a bonus unless he makes a profit, period.

The "$12 millionof our money" that Eisner was paid was a tiny portion of the $25 billion or our money we gave to Disney because we like what they are offering.

There isn't much else in television and film left to buy. I think Disney (and Eisner) will start focusing on their parks again. I would expect announcements on an American Disney Seas and a Disney America park in the next couple of years if they can find suitable places to build them.

Disney Tom
08-08-2001, 11:40 AM
Yes Tom Sawyer, we'll get a Disney Sea park because it will have proved to be such a rousing success in Tokyo. The trouble is, that with the actions the coming is taking these days, we'll probably get 3 or 4 themed areas as opposed to all 7. They will cut, cut, cut until they reach their precious budget goals.

We'll get scaled down versions of those attractions, and they'll hardly be "next generation" Tokyo Disney Sea, they'll be the same ones as installed there, nothing new or edgy (granted, at least it's better than what they're giving us now)....more Journey Into Your Imagination anyone?

It's like them selling Polo/Ralph Lauren clothes at the outlet store, as opposed to buying them in a department store (not that I'm slamming outlet stores)...point is, we'll get an outlet version of Tokyo Disney Sea, I'm sure of that. One where "slightly flawed, a bit "oddly sized or configured", will be the rule of the day.

Lacrosse Boy
08-08-2001, 12:26 PM
This is in the wrong forum. It should be moved to the lounge.