PDA

View Full Version : Mid June vs. Mid July

Sigma
04-03-2003, 06:59 PM
I have the opportunity to spend several days at the DLR either the week of June 15th or the week of July 13th.

Are the crowds drastically different in June vs July? Are California schools out of session in mid-June?

To complicate things, the week of June 15th looks to be the opening week of Fantasmic. Does this typically draw a larger crowd, and will that be compounded by SoCal APs being blocked out the next week? I plan to avoid Saturday crowds and spend most of my time there during the weekdays.

I sure would like to go a month earlier, but not if DL's crowds will be bordering on insane.

HBTiggerFan
04-03-2003, 07:13 PM
I think mid June will be way cooler than mid July.

Many local schools are year round, so there are many school children who are off track. On the other hand many out of towners might not have let out by mid June (with snow days and all)

Darkbeer
04-03-2003, 08:39 PM
Well, Peak Season starts June 13th, which normally allows longer hours, and more shows and special events.

Fantasmic! MIGHT start on June 13th, and run thru June 17th, but more than likely would be the last day until July 3rd due to the required set-up for the special private, invite-only Pirates movie premiere party.

Also, Disneyland will close early (9 PM instead of 11 PM) on Wednesday June 18th and 19th, due to Grad Nights. (There are other Grad Nights, but these are the only two nights that require the park to close early, since the other nights, DL is schedule to close at the normal 8 PM off-season time).

I think you would see a good size crowd for the return of Fantasmic!, but you are talking a few thousand, and most of them would spend most of the time waiting for the show, and not in other parts of the park.

I think your best bet is to price the trip, look at the Passport Plus, so you can take advantage of the two-days free offer, and the Unlimited FastPass option, which is very valuable in peak season. How much are the hotel rooms? And the air fare (if needed).

If the price is about the same, I would pick mid-June as slightly better.

dsnylndmom
04-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Ditto what Darkbeer says! LOL All good points I would go by that! Mid June

Tina:D

prudence
04-04-2003, 11:54 AM
I'm also going the week of June 15th (arriving Sunday, staying until Thursday). Do the grad nites have any negative impacts on the resort hotels? I'm staying at the Paradise Pier. Should I expect to stay up all night listening to various escapades or is the revelry confined to the parks?

Matterhorn Fan
04-04-2003, 01:21 PM
The grad niters don't stay in the hotels. They go into the park and stay there all night. If they're using DCA for grad nite (or part of it, at least), you might be able to hear a little bit of music if you have a theme park view at the PPH, but I didn't have any trouble sleeping there last June.

julia
04-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Hello,

Mid-June would be less crowded, because there are a few schools out for the summer, but not all of them. July is prime vacation month and it is getting warmer, but California has pretty good weather most of the year - love those warm, days that aren't too humid and the cooler nights are really nice and feel good after a warm day.

Have a magical day!
Julia

hondo1975
04-05-2003, 02:31 PM
I have visited during both of the times. Early to mid June is great because of the lighter crowds, but you have to deal with earlier closing times. And usually not all the normal summer entertaniment has started yet. Mid to late July is also great because of the later hours and full summertime entertaniment. But the downside is bigger crowds. So it all depends on what you like to deal with. Both times have pluses and minuses.:D