PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest hotel?

furbE95
04-03-2003, 12:32 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the cheapest hotel near disneyland. As long as its not in like east anaheim or any other scary place, im happy.

scaeagles
04-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Not to sound like a commercial, but go to hotwire.com. I stayed at the Holiday Inn just across I-5 for $42 on a Friday last October. You can pick the approx area you want. I've done it a few times and was never disappointed.

QueenofHearts
04-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Last time we went in Nov. we stayed at the Days Inn South for around $40 a night - 2 queen beds in a decent sized room. It had a danish/muffin/toast breakfast included and was right near a stop for the Anaheim transit. I found it on Expedia.com - sort by price. We just slept there so it suited our needs.

Toady The Eighth
04-03-2003, 01:06 PM
If you want to stay somewhere decent and cheap, try one of these...

The Tropicana
The Carousel
The Holiday Inn
The Best Inn
The Coast Anaheim
Howard Johnsons

* Stay away from the Park Vue, The Ramada, The Penny Sleeper, and the Little Boy Blue Motel. Those are all nasty with a capital N.

In fact, if you give me your dates, I will pop them in my computer and check for you real quick...

furbE95
04-03-2003, 01:11 PM
Actually, i am just looking for something tommorrow night.

Toady The Eighth
04-03-2003, 01:14 PM
I'll check for you right now.

furbE95
04-03-2003, 01:17 PM
thank you :)

Toady The Eighth
04-03-2003, 01:22 PM
The Econolodge Maingate (2 diamonds by AAA) Has a room (with breakfast) for $48.74/nt

The Anaheim Fantasy Inn (2 diamonds by AAA) has a room for $50.00/nt -AAA member
$54.00/nt non-AAA member
Also has breakfast

The Comfort Inn on Katella (3 diamonds by AAA) has a room for $67.15/AAA Memer
$71.10/non-AAA member
and breakfast

Let me know if you have questions or anything. These were the best I could find in each diamond category.

Darkbeer
04-03-2003, 01:25 PM
I just ran a search on Travelaxe, a great search engine that check Expedia, plus many other Hotel sites....

http://www.travelaxe.net/

PlacestoStay.com is offering the Super 8 Anaheim Disneyland for $44, plus $6.10 in taxes for a total of $50.10.

furbE95
04-03-2003, 01:26 PM
I will check those out. Thanks a lot; i really appreciate the effort.

Toady The Eighth
04-03-2003, 01:35 PM
No problem...

Looking at the hotels directly across the street on Harbor they all look pretty expensive. I'd say your best bet is the Econolodge. They're walking distance, plus clean and whatnot.

stinkerbell
04-03-2003, 02:46 PM
I've stayed at Desert Inn for $44 a night for two queen beds during a very busy time--The World Series! Just by calling the hotel and saying that I saw the rate on their own website. They are right across the street.

I got HoJo for $45 a night by calling the hotel directly and telling them that I have an Entertainment Coupon book.....which I don't YET. But I will by the time I get there. I ordered one online at www.entertainment.com for $20. I figure I'm saving $270 just on our hotel, since we'll be there six nights. Well worth it. ;)

Good luck and have a great time!

By the way, I'm also now a huge Travelaxe fan, thanks to Darkbeer! :)

QueenofHearts
04-03-2003, 02:59 PM
I remember seeing $49 special at the Carousel Inn website through 4/10
http://www.carouselinnandsuites.com/rates.asp
They are right outside the gates.

furbE95
04-03-2003, 04:38 PM
Thank all of you for your input. I decided to go the hotwire route as was suggested by scaeagles.

I found a great rate at the crowne plaza hotel in irvine. it was only 45 with tax and fees. I know irvine is a little ways from disneyland, but it will give us a headstart to san diego, which is where we are headed to in the morning. Thanks again, and ill try to post some pictures from my trip :)

julia
04-03-2003, 04:43 PM
Just because a hotel is cheap, doesn't mean that you get good value for your money. Some hotels in Southern California have trouble with pests, so be careful.

I think that the Tropicana Inn is undergoing a major remodel. You might want to check on the status of the construction, also both the Park Inn and the Tropicana smell very strongly of room freshener, so if you are sensitive to strong smells, it might be something to consider.

Have a great day!