PDA

View Full Version : Mulholland Madness closing for Goofy's Sky School

Pages : [1] 2

jasonpbyu
08-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Apologies if this has been posted, I made a few attempts at searching and couldn't find reference to it.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/08/disney-california-adventure-park-expansion-continues-with-goofy%E2%80%99s-sky-school-and-cars-land/

valorycabrera1971
08-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Darn, I was hopeing my son would get to ride this when we arrive in Oct. He did not ride it the last time becasue he was 2 small, now he will never get the joy of this ride. DRAT

DLANDLUVR
08-06-2010, 10:37 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE THAT RIDE!!!!! IT WAS MY FIRST FAVORITE IN DCA :crying:
DARN!

newhdplayer
08-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Is this going to be a "re-theme" only? I couldn't tell from that video.

jasonpbyu
08-06-2010, 10:51 AM

Good question... based on these google images... it does appear to be just a retheme.

Also an article from LA Times

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disney-california-ad-7193/

http://www.google.com/images?hl=&q=goofys+sky+school&rlz=1B3GGLL_enUS360US360&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=QVlcTMkpwvfwBuLVwfoC&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQsAQwAA&biw=1280&bih=611

3Princesses1Prince
08-06-2010, 11:29 AM

yes!

Toocherie
08-06-2010, 11:32 AM
the more distressing news in the blog was that Bountiful Farms was closing September 7th---where will be able to get corn dogs in DCA from September 7 until Corn Dog Castle re-opens?????????

newhdplayer
08-06-2010, 11:42 AM
the more distressing news in the blog was that Bountiful Farms was closing September 7th---where will be able to get corn dogs in DCA from September 7 until Corn Dog Castle re-opens?????????

As a true Corn Dog devotee, I would gladly make the trek across the plaza to the Truck in Disneyland and get you one...For a small fee, of course (maybe two or three for me)

JerrodDRagon
08-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Next Spring will have a lot of new changes around DCA

Littler Mermiad
The Beer Garden
Goofy's Flight School
No more maliboomer
Constuction on the Front of the Park

DisVCGeek
08-06-2010, 12:02 PM
ARGH! I wanted to try MM but I won't be arriving until Oct. 16th... Miss it by a few days. :crying: Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is also going to be closed during my trip; I haven't done either of them before... At least I should get a chance to try RRCTS someday on a future trip. :geek: (Don't get to DL often; this will only be the thrid time in my life going there and will be my longest trip. Int eh early 90s I did 1 day w/ my parents, I did 2.5 days in 2008 around a business conference I was at, and now I'll be doing 5 days on this coming trip! :D)

SnowJen22
08-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I think this will be a fun rethemeing for this ride, even though I will miss the feeling of being in a dumpster.

cookie7762
08-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I sure wish it wasn't a re-theme. I can't stand the rides that DCA put in that are standard fair rides. It's so unimaginative, fun or not. They are completely out of place and belong somewhere else.

JerrodDRagon
08-06-2010, 01:20 PM
^Im sure one day they'll put a dark ride or something there but for now we have to live with a retheme, which is ok with me, we are getting the littler mermaid right next door.

The old man
08-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Wish it were more because currently it's just a middling wild mouse ride with cardboard cutouts.

ChurroGirl
08-06-2010, 04:46 PM
I enjoy the ride. Its not a huge favorite but I go on it when we are in DCA. The re-themeing looks like its alot of fun. That Goofy cartoon is one of my favorites!:D

foolishmortal
08-06-2010, 04:49 PM

so what are they doing with that? It was a perfect area away from crowds and great corn dogs too!

kimi911
08-08-2010, 07:29 PM
All the workers at California say they are making the park more "disney."

However, goofy planes is over the top.

Just think: Space mountain, pirates, big thunder, indiana jones, etc. is over at disneyland park, and we still consider that park disney.

You don't have to put a 50-100 year old character on everything to make it disney.

dban3
08-09-2010, 10:30 PM
so what are they doing with that? It was a perfect area away from crowds and great corn dogs too!

Bountiful Farms is the piece of real estate where the Mater's Junkyard Jamboree ride will sit near the Cars Land entrance. Seems like the DCA corn dog will be on the move (again)....

My only hope for MM is that Goofy's Sky School is just not going to be a case of putting lipstick on a pig. Without theming it's nothing more than an off the shelf wild mouse ride.

AVP
08-10-2010, 08:12 AM
My only hope for MM is that Goofy's Sky School is just not going to be a case of putting lipstick on a pig. Without theming it's nothing more than an off the shelf wild mouse ride.Check out the concept photos from this week's Disneyland Resort Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/9348/Disneyland_Resort_Update). From those photos, it looks like this really is nothing more than an overlay.

AVP

disneylandgirl
08-10-2010, 09:44 AM

The Beer Garden

Beer Garden??? What is that? Oh my husband will go nuts for anything to do with beer... ;)

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is also going to be closed during my trip; I haven't done either of them before...

Trust me, you are not missing much for either of those rides.

newhdplayer
08-10-2010, 10:37 AM

The Beer Garden

Now that's an attraction!!!

Hopefully, they will feature some hella good microbrews, with an emphasis on IPA's.

potzbie
08-10-2010, 10:52 AM
... I would gladly make the trek across the plaza to the Truck in Disneyland and get you one...For a small fee, of course ...

As Wimpy said to Popeye:

"I would gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today." :)

FantasmicFan82
08-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Thank You. This ride was disappointing. besides all the signs on the wall, there wasn't much thought about it, or imagineering.

it seems to me they had the empty spot and shoved in that corner of the park.

kfreak
08-11-2010, 09:35 PM
I for one am glad it is closing. I am tall enough that it wouldnt lock properly on me, and would only come to my quads. So my quads would get destroyed on it. They didnt create that ride for people with longer legs.

twindaddy
08-11-2010, 10:14 PM
That ride was a symbol of everything that was wrong with DCA...I point to that and the maliboomer....just crappy state fair type rides.

Hopefully Goofy can improve it some, but I doubt it.